LEVICK Reviews | Glassdoor

LEVICK Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2019

3.5
LEVICK Chairman & CEO Richard S. Levick (no image)
Richard S. Levick
Pros
  • "Junior staff gets a lot of face time with Richard, which I feel is important yet uncommon in other agencies and firms(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, demanding and definitely not cut out for those who cannot manage their time well, the electric energy in the LEVICK D(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I hardly have to say this is not a good environment and does not set a good example to junior staff(in 6 reviews)

• "I left LEVICK because the CEO made decisions that caused almost all of the senior staff and the most talented junior staffers to leave(in 5 reviews)

"Awesome work environment, friendly coworkers"

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been with LEVICK for over a year now so I think I’ve earned the right to say that the old reviews on here are no longer accurate. Not sure what happened around mid 2018, but since I’ve been here, we’ve had super nice employees. Friendly and approachable CEO, Richard Levick. Junior staff gets a lot of face time with Richard, which I feel is important yet uncommon in other agencies and firms. Senior staff is always readily available to guide and support. Plenty of learning opportunities and room for growth. Regular lunch trainings facilitated by employees and trainings from external parties. Feels like they WANT to give you more responsibilities if they see you can handle what you currently have on your plate – not to hinder or overwhelm you, but for you to move forward and do better. Insurance, PTO, and other benefits are top-tier compared to similar companies.

Cons

There are days when it’s so fast-paced and demanding that you might not get a chance to take an actual lunchbreak but that’s what makes this a stimulating work environment. Sometimes you have to work on weekends or evenings, though I think that’s standard in the professional world these days. Richard wants to see results and I know junior employees get nervous working with him, but he only has high standards because he knows what this company and its staff are capable of.

LEVICK2019-12-11

"A whole new company culture"

Current Employee - Fellow in Washington, DC

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was somewhat nervous starting at LEVICK after reading reviews and articles. I don't know what it was like prior to my arrival, but I have been constantly amazed by the company culture and work life balance here. I feel just as comfortable talking to junior staff as I do to an SVP. Richard Levick makes himself incredibly accessible, and most senior staff mentor junior employees in one form or another. Every week we get new clients from multiple sectors and are offered chances to explore all areas of the business. The experience here is perfect for anyone interested in the fast-paced nature of crisis communication. At the same time, they ensure no one feels overworked or stretched too thin by their workload. I see a lot of opportunity for future growth coming up. LEVICK is definitely on an upswing and recovered from whatever happened last year. Highly recommend it as a place to work. I don't plan to leave any time soon and could easily see the potential for a 10 year career in this office (and no, no one asked me to write this review).

Cons

-Unpredictable days due to crisis comm incoming client work. -Ability to get promoted is dependent on how successful the company is doing, not just how successful you are doing.

LEVICK2019-07-18

"Rebuilt, refocused"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Bus Dev in Washington, DC

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Richard's work for the past 20 years continues to drive inbound inquiries and new business. New VP and SVPs quickly stepped into client relationships and fortified LEVICK's role. All new hires participate in BD in some form, from Fellows up to SVPs, a refreshing change. New junior staff is outstanding, as good or better than previous team - and they were highly skilled. The staff rebuild and refocus has been beyond expectations. Have to see it and hear it to believe it.

Cons

Former employees w an ax to grind.

LEVICK2019-02-11

"Zero Moral Compass"

Former Employee - VP+ in Washington, DC

I worked at LEVICK full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are an outlet for indicted fugitives and sketchy finance companies.

Cons

Richard is a terrible practitioner, and has a very low bar for who he wants as a client. That drove off most of senior management, as is well documented by reviews below. Case in point Levick just took on a client that has been alleged to be one of the greatest embezzlers in history. So they took on a client that was known to have committed crimes, while other firms have been subpoenaed,. The funniest part is that Levick was paid less than any other firm, by a lot, than any other. RSL negotiation @ his finest.

LEVICK2019-03-22

"Levick Fell Apart"

I worked at LEVICK full-time

Pros

-Opportunity for rapid advancement -Flexible about working remotely

Cons

-The firm is in shambles. The founder abruptly forced out investors that had made major improvements mid-way through 2018, leading to a mass exodus. -The culture is horrific. Blatant sexism and racism are tolerated. It's an open secret in DC. -The mentality is sell, sell, sell but the firm doesn't have the staff to service the accounts. The figures reported in Politico are inaccurate. Turnover on the practice side was about 85 percent last year. That should tell you something about the environment at Levick. The firm is tanking but desperately trying to deceive people and pretend everything is wonderful. Anyone familiar with Levick knows that's laughable. It's an ugly situation.

LEVICK2019-02-01

"A Real Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at LEVICK full-time

Pros

-You can negotiate a high salary because the firm desperately needs new employees. Over 80 percent of the staff left in roughly three months. There have been articles about it in POLITICO but they only scratch the surface of the turmoil. -Employees have lots of freedom because no one is holding anyone accountable. It’s a free-for-all. You can barely show up and get away with just about anything, including abusive behavior. -As another reviewer said, the firm has a strong reputation that it no longer deserves.

Cons

Levick’s Glassdoor was recently flooded with fake positive reviews . Here is the truth because it is wrong to deceive perspective employees. There was a major management conflict in the late spring/early summer. The staff was infuriated by the outcome and as a result nearly everyone left. All of the practice chairs in DC and almost all of the other staff are gone. Even people who had worked at Levick for years quit because they were so angry. The few remaining staffers are simply collecting an inflated paycheck for as long as they can. When the investors were gone, it all fell apart. Two years of progress went down the drain in a spectacular disaster. Levick has tried to spin the story as the staff who left couldn’t handle working in crisis and Levick’s high standards. Is it realistic that over 80 percent of a firm’s staff quit together because they all realized at once that they can’t handle the work? They left because management made stunningly bad decisions that created chaos and they knew it wasn’t sustainable. If you are considering working at Levick, do your research and reach out to former employees on LinkedIn.

LEVICK2018-12-20

"Lots of Opportunity to Learn and to Grow"

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at LEVICK full-time for less than a year

Pros

When it comes to crisis, no one does it better than Levick. You will learn fast and you will learn a lot — both in expanding your skills and in developing business. Also, Levick pays well, and growth, both with repeat to your job title and your salary, is yours for the taking.

Cons

These guys specialize in crisis, and crisis work is urgent and demanding. The hours are long, and you may well find yourself working into the wee hours of the night, over the weekend and/or on holidays.

LEVICK2018-10-17

"Opportunity to work with smartest people in legal PR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This organization is world class. Clients come first and the opportunity to learn from some of the smartest people in PR, including CEO Richard, is really a one of kind experience. If you are looking to assume responsibility and diversify your skillset, then LEVICK is a qualified fit. I learned more here in two years than I did at my previous employer in five.

Cons

The culture is quite competitive, but in a friendly way. There are many A players and they all want to win, which can be difficult, especially when you aren’t as experienced. Having said that, you are given opportunities to grow professionally. I worked weekends, but that was by choice so that I could be involved in larger accounts.

LEVICK2018-10-15

"Diversity of talent at the firm is exceptional."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The diversity of talent at the firm is exceptional. We come together with different strengths and experience but have a common foundation of achieving results for clients. The people make coming to work enjoyable and exciting. If you are fortunate to join LEVICK, you will find a most agreeable environment as a specialist communications and public affairs organization serving individuals, companies, and countries.

Cons

A few of the longer tenured employees are more about themselves than the company or helping others grow. Several of them recently left, which I think everyone is very happy about.

LEVICK2018-10-15

"Great Culture & Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at LEVICK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will learn so much here. Working here has changed my life for the positive. I have developed skills that help me both personally and professionally to be the best I can be. The people here genuinely care about each LEVICK team member achieving their best.

Cons

In order to share in the profits and receive commission, you have to proactively develop the client relationships and sales. Support role will not receive as much bonus or recognition. So you need to work hard to become lead Account Executive and develop relationships for the firm. It’s not that everyone is expected to grow accounts or bring in business, but it is the mantra. The most successful are handsomely rewarded. Others do well but are not going to receive the same level of compensation.

Found 51 reviews