LG Chem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LG Chem Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.8

Project Engineer Column EPS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LG Chem in September 2017.

Interview

It was an Awful Interviewers. Not interested in you personally. I was in E-Mail contact with them before the interview and i could tell they didn't even look at my application.
    The phone interview was short with basic questions . The managers was super rushing and kept interrupting like she doesn't have time which i think it was very rude from her.
    So disappointed.

Interview Questions

• how did you handled an obstacle at your previous employers?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LG Chem (Holland, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat in conference room with the three managers of the department and the HR rep where the three managers took turns questioning me on my experience and abilities. They reviewed my resume and had a list of questions they took turns asking me. It was a pleasant experience, unlike some of the other interviews I've experienced at LG Chem.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with someone you worked with, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Chem in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was conference call with 2 SW Managers that lasted about 30 minutes. They just questioned me about my resume, coursework and projects I have done. The phone interview was just a screening to see if the applicant has the basic skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a low pass and high pass filter.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LG Chem (Holland, MI).

Interview

Group interview with only 2 interviewers (engineering manager and HR staff). The engineering manager acted as if I was already his subordinate and was looking for someone who would be his good subordinate. The engineering manager wanted someone who does not take initiative, who does not try to be creative but someone who would simply follow his orders and do only what one is told to do -- the hiring manager said that one of the former LG Chem employees left the company because he had wanted to take initiative and be creative in tackling engineering problems but this approach was not welcomed within LG Chem.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served in military?   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LG Chem (Holland, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The company cannot keep Controls Engineers for more than a couple months, with my limited experience and willing to push myself very hard they were kind enough to adjust the position to Controls Technician for me to grow into.

Interview Questions

• I had to prove my knowledge of standard Ladder logic (Timers, Sealed Circuits/Latches, Etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to as they were very fair and offered me $2.00/HR more than I was currently making

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Chem in April 2015.

Interview

It was okay. I first thought it was one to one webcam interview but it was 4 to 1. The HR and Site managers are in the different area. The webcam interview had a poor connection. They tried to be relaxing made some jokes. Speaking Korean is essential.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LG Chem.

Interview

I sent my resume through e-mail to the HR department. A couple of days later they sent me an e-mail to arrange an interview. They were very disorganized and unprofessional. When I first went in there, the receptionist was not even aware that there was an appointment for an interview. After she contacted the manager, I could tell that they did not expect me either since they started to set up the conference room and print out my resume.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

a korean headhunter set up the interview for me. Koreans think too high of themselves. They werent going to offer that position to me to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke? Do you Drink? Why do you want to do sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palisades Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Chem (Palisades Park, NJ).

Interview

Work culture & environment is same as Korea. There was no diversity at all. The interview process was straight forward & basic. They ask you to introduce yourself and explain your resume. Then they ask you what you know about LG Chem and why you want to work there. They also ask you personal questions, but I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. Maybe they were just testing me.. I just kept my answers honest.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

on-site resume interview