LaGuardia Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

It was short and to the point. I had recently done my internship with the same department. So what happened is basically I continued with the department. An example of an interview question is, " please tell me about yourself". Another question is, " what is your major?".

Associate Director, Global Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call at 4 pm on a Wed. asking if I could come in the following day for an interview. When I said that wasn't possible, I was given another day that worked. I was sent the names of 5 people who were on the interview panel. When I got there, the admin person on the panel said she was happy I was early because they all wanted to go home. I had looked up the 5 people on the panel and noticed the highest ranking one wasn't there. When I asked the 4-member panel, the admin person who was low-ranking but obviously in charge said that the person was no longer part of the process. They asked me a series of pre-determined questions. NOT one of them asked for any follow-up to my answers. At the end, one of the adjunct said the LaGuardia students weren't capable of securing internships with prestigious institutions while the admin person said their biggest challenge was getting the kids to transfer to 4-year colleges. I felt like they sold the LaGuardia kids short. The whole interview was over in 22 minutes. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• What role do foreign languages play in international education?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College in November 2015.

Interview

Candidate will meet with search committee (3 individuals) and very general questions asked. Interviewed lasted all of 10 minutes as interviewers asked questions from a sheet of paper and barely give eye contact.

Interview Questions

• What about your past experiences brings you here?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you overcame and obstacle in the office? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Astoria, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you some questions about your background in math and teaching. They will let you know at the end of the interview if you are accepted or not. After that, you have to complete the hiring form

Interview Questions

• What is the higher math class you took?   1 Answer

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Long Island City, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was exceptional. It was very smooth and not awkward at all. It was just like a conversation. They appreciated me being 15 minutes early. Further, the atmosphere was very clean and well-maintained. I immediately fell in love with the work environment as I saw a lot of extroverted and outgoing employees along the hallway.

Interview Questions

• What is the best asset you can offer to the college?
      Describe a struggle in workplace that has built your character and how did you overcome it.
      Do you have any questions for us? (Definitely ask them questions)
      Answer Question

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Long Island City, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very Easy. Just be your self and answer basic questions. I knew i was hired at the moment after interview. If you are a student and want a part time job while studying, this is the way to go. You will make few $$ for yourself while studying. You can manage your time very efficiently for your class. The schedule was very flexible. Basically you give them your schedule and the managers ask what time you prefer to work. You can change your schedule after another new semester if you want.

Interview Questions

• your goals, your major, your schedule and availability, your knowledge relevant for the job.   Answer Question

Student Technology Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

One on One meeting with one of the coordinator of the program. He tried to learn more about me, my past experiences, my familiarity with the use of diverse technologies such as Microsoft Office, ePortfolio, Web Design.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the use of technologies such as ePortfolio, Microsoft Ofice, etc...   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Long Island City, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

A 15 min interview where you discussed your educational pursuits and your overall perspective about it. The interview was very casual and not stressful. Just try to be yourself and answer questions truthfully. Interviewee did not judge at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to do in the years to come?   1 Answer

ESL Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three supervisors. They asked standard questions and examined my resume and cover letter. They were interested in my experience secifically. I was not required to present my diploma.They described the job specifications, requirements and salary.

Peer Advisor/Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LaGuardia Community College (Long Island City, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

For an unpaid internship it was very short and quick. They only asked a few basic questions such as area of study, duration of internship etc. I was in and out in 15 minutes. After that it was just a few paperwork and I got started.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select this internship out of the other options you had?   Answer Question