Ladders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Responded to Craigslist posting. Received a call about 1 week later. Went in for 1 interview which involved a quick aptitude test. Was called in a few days later for another interview where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Was asked in for a 1:1 interview with two Community managers, then asked back a few days later and offered the job. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation here. I was made an offer and accepted.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email regarding a position I applied for months prior - the recruiter was very responsive in setting up a phone screen which happened the followiong day.

Came in for a round one, was supposed to meet with 3 people and 2 ending up "getting pulled into a meeting" so I could only meet with one person. They said I would be more qualified for another position and would contact me in one week.

They did, I came in for a round 2, met with the hiring manager, then exec team and at the end they told me I was hired. It was very simple and did not require a little more than answering questions in a positive manner, there was no background check, should I have not had a pulse I assume they would not have accepted me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are not willing to negotiate, they have a set budget and will not move unless it is a very senior level position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

At my on-site interview, I met with three people. One covered whiteboard coding for simple functions, the second was also whiteboard code but more oo design. The third just told me about the ladders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

After initial contact and a phone interview, I was invited to the TheLadders office for a series of interviews with technical personnel at the company. I met with three people: two architects (technical leads) and one HR-type person. While I was asked some technical questions, most of the interview was about my past experience. We also discussed the culture of TheLadders in depth.

Interview Questions

• One of the architects asked a number of questions about the coding styles used at a past job, specifically imperative vs. object-oriented.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a coding test, a modeling/design portion of the interview and a one-on-one interview with a software dev manager. Each portion of the interview lasts about 1 hour and you will need about 3-4 hours to commit to this process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders.

Interview

Starts off with a standard phone interview, then a three hour in person one that consists of coding questions with pen and paper, coding on the computer, and a personality based interview.

Of the three part interview, the only one that was done well on their part was the pen and paper coding. The engineer that came in to review my answers was friendly, knowledgeable, and super helpful.

The 2nd part involved building a very basic ios app on a macbook with an engineer watching you and answering questions. The engineer for that section was friendly, but on their phone the entire time, and when I got stuck on certain parts, his input was essentially "try googling it". When he did answer the questions himself, he appeared to not be very experienced with objective c, I was under the impression they just gave me whichever developer was free at the time.

After completing the first two parts, I was informed that the team member needed for the last part was on vacation and they'd have me come back next week to finish that part. They never emailed me back. I sent 3 follow-up emails, and none of them were answered. If they didn't think I was a good fit, the least they could do is have the decency to tell me, let alone allow me to complete the interview. Incredibly unprofessional overall, and very little respect for your time.

Interview Questions

• Build a simple ios app that asks a user for three inputs and then displays their answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was probably the fastest, most transparent and best experience I've had as a job candidate. I was screened by a recruiter on the weekend (who was very knowledgeable about the engineer teams and stack), had a technical phone interview on a Monday, interviewed on-site 1-2 days later (basic coding, modeling/design) and had a final interview by Friday, in which I was presented with an employment offer before leaving the office. I accepted the offer on the spot! My interviewers were very intelligent and asked challenging questions to gauge my problem solving abilities and the recruiter provided me feedback in a timely manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interview process. First round technical interviews. Had an appointment for 3 hours. Second round was for management team, they talked about their product and how the future will be for the company.

Interview Questions

• What's the more difficult situation you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Had a quick phone call to scope out interest and skills (and probed for salary range). Second phone call for actual phone screen; asked basic questions about algorithms/data structures, backend, Linux, and other dev tool knowledge. 3.5 hour on-site visit included two coding questions on paper; OO modeling and one more algorithm question on whiteboard; and talk with HR director. Follow-up on-site was a 1/2 hour discussion with an engineer from a different team than in the first round.

Technical portions definitely require prep but were well executed on their part. Each meeting wasn't a lecture, but a conversation, and the interviewers were polite.

Ultimately, they decided I was a good cultural fit, but lacking enough experience for Level 2.

Interview Questions

• Teach me something (HR question).   Answer Question
    • Write a function that, given a string of words, returns the average word length.   Answer Question
    • Implement a hashtable with put, get, and keySet methods.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that, given a number n, prints all primes <= n.   Answer Question