Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Interview Questions

Interviews at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District

Assistant Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview is held at library headquarters, not at the branch you applied for. Panel style interview in a closed off room. You sit with the head of HR plus a librarian and a supervisor from that branch; To round it off, you might get an administrator or other person not associated with job itself. There are quite a few standard questions presented from each person, who each take copious notes, and you're done within the hour. Very welcoming staff but very formal process. If not chosen, you will not hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your past professional library experience qualifies you for this job. (There was a long preamble to the actual question so I had to listen real hard to get the gist of the question.)   1 Answer

Library Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District.

Interview

Applied online, got an email confirmation that my application was received, set a date for interview by phone, got an email confirmation for that as well, then went to the interview, which was professional but laid back. I had 2 interviewers and 7 questions plus a book cart to sort

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Very scripted, no deviations. They give you a sheet of all the questions so you can prepare your next answer while they're still writing down your previous. The number of questions & difficulty vary by branch, but the questions are still very similar. Afterwards, they time you and see how fast can you shelve a cart of books.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a friend began having a conversation with you?   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you're still unfamiliar with a procedure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

You get the application packet online, just google the Clark County Library District website, it's under "open positions". All applications have to be turned into the Windmill Library either by hand or by mail. However, for your first time I would deliver it by hand; they don't accept incomplete applications and they are very picky about what constitutes finished ei putting "n/a" is a slot that for yo might genuinely not be applicable will disqualify you . The good news is that when you turn in your app by hand they review it before accepting it and let you make corrections.

It is a very generic interview. They read from a prompt "You are interviewing for blah blah blah position" is how it starts. You are asked to describe your work history in detail (as if it is not spelled out on the job application), you are asked if you can do basic physical task (ex. lifting books and pushing carts), explain a time when you have had to be relied on, how comfortable would you feel working in different parts of the library, what would you do if you were unfamiliar with a certain procedure... Things like that.

When they are done reading the prompt you have to arrange about 20 books (usually 10 fiction and 10 nonfiction) in order using their call numbers. Then they ask you when you would be able to start and if you have any questions.

It all took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They are all pretty straight forward. But The one I remember stumbling on was "When have you been in a situation when you have had to be relied on.   1 Answer

Feb 18, 2018 – Human Resources

2013...Whew, that was 4 years ago. We may be late to the party, but hey, at least we showed up.

First, thank you for your comment on our application process. We no longer take paper applications... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Enterprise, NV).

Interview

They called after 5 days to schedule an interview a week in advance. Depending on the branch there may be two interviewers who are nice and share the life-long love of learning. There were 5 similar questions typed out in front of me to read along with as they asked and took notes. They give you lengthy instruction how to organize books to shelve and you have 5 minutes to alphabetize 10+ fiction and then non-fiction books, so try to be swift but accurate to the decimals and rules as well.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a fellow page putting books away on the wrong shelf, describe how would you effectively handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle multitasking/stress in the event that there’s a lot going on and you’re asked to do many things as a page?   1 Answer

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume with the application. About 2 weeks later someone from Human Resources called to set up an interview. They only offered me 1 interview time. The interview was pretty standard. They wanted to know about previous experience I had, how I handled difficult situations, etc. At the end I had to organize a cart of books as if I were actually shelving them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a co-worker got angry with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job specifically?   1 Answer

Feb 18, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello Anonymous, thank you for sharing your interview experience with the Library District. If you consider applying again, reach out to me directly at porterl (at) lvccld.org

In the interim... More

Contract Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume and an extensive cover letter, which described all my experience as a teacher. After being contacted for the interview, I met with the director, who offered me the portion. Because it was a contract position and your classroom stats determine your continuation, the process the position was relatively easy.

Interview Questions

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Response

Hi "Contract" Applicant Anonymous,

Based on your comment it sounds like we're Teammates already. Even so, thank you for sharing your success story with all of us here reading your feedback.

If... More

YPL/Children's Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

You will be interviewed by the YPL Department Head, the branch manager, and someone from HR. The ask you 5-10 question. Your answer is "graded"; you get a score from each (1-5), they total up everyone's score, whoever gets the highest score, gets the offer.

Interview Questions

• Experience with children/childrens' literature   1 Answer
    • Be able to suggest a program theme for: children's story-time/program, baby-time program, school-aged program, special interest story-times (Black History Month Program, etc.), and teen programs.   Answer Question
    • Be able to suggest a way to advertise the collect.   1 Answer

Adult Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Heavily based on situation and behavior based interview questions. It's a structure interview with a panel of 3. Branch Manager, Director Supervisor, and HR. The same questions are asked to all candidates. Describe a time when you had to handle a...The initial application took about a week to hear back if I got the interview. I was notified after just one day that I did not get selected after being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how to do something if I have never done it before?   Answer Question

Thanks, Anonymous.

We do include quite a few situational, behavioral, and hypothetical questions in our interviews. Someone, like you, asked me why. My answer. We serve the public and being on... More

Adult Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District.

Interview

3-person interview panel. You get a copy of the questions they ask throughout the interview (10 or so). They take notes throughout (but reassure you not to be nervous). Everything is very straightforward and formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of proficiency with computer programs   Answer Question