Laughlin/Constable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laughlin/Constable Interview Questions

Interviews at Laughlin/Constable

3.1

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone screen soon after. Interview went well, felt more like a natural conversation. Found that the position wasn't a good fit for me personally, but nothing bad to say about the experience.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have you had that you think would help with this position?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I had a phone interview with a group of people and within one week I had an in-person interview. The in-person interview was, again, with a group of people. Within two weeks I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you accel at and one thing you're looking to work on?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, easy to talk to. Timely and fun. Made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk about my work. They also gave me a quick tour which was nice. Their secretary is great as well!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at first since I was an intern but when I was extended I did negotiate a new hourly rate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with 4 people in one day - this is preferred instead of making multiple trips to meet with potential colleagues. Met with junior and senior level people as well as the predecessor.

Interview Questions

• Experience dealing with problems and how I provided a solution   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Chicago, IL).

Interview

To be honest, I am not sure why they brought me on for the interview. I didn’t have the experience with the various programs they wanted this position to know. The office was bright orange and quite nice, and the interviewers were very smart. It does seem odd they want someone to have such a wide range of knowledge and experience when they focused on only DFM and Tableau.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

Was asked to come in several times and chatted each visit for 2+ hours. Very causual and relaxed setting. Super nice people. They seemed more interested in who I was vs. the work I had done which was an interesting change of pace. Followed up after every visit and never received a response to acknowledge the position had been filled so had to knock a few stars off for lack of communication and feedback which I consider to be standard.

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

It was awful. Met with three different groups of 2-3 people and was asked mostly backend related questions. I have no interest in a backend job and did not apply for one. Trainwreck ensued.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about database design and normalization.   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

I was considered for this position because of my online presence. Over time, I developed a relationship with my future boss by interacting with him and other LC employees on Twitter. I was then referred to HR where the interview lasted not more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your ultimate goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place. Their intern rates are pretty much set in stone. But I was given a bit extra because of my particular skill set. If you give them a reason to pay above their normal $10/hr rate, they'll reward you for it.

Agile Product Owner Interview

Interview

Why do they need my SSN when I apply?

The phone screen guy didn't seem like he had read my resume before the call.

He hung up as soon as I picked up the call, then called a few minutes later to a very awkward call. Refused to tell me anything about the position or context about it. Had never heard of them before, probably never will again.

Account Executive - Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying multiple times with the company I was brought in for an interview. I had a great experience with the on-staff recruiter. Had two interviews which consisted of great dialogue with upper level management. The first set was general background on my experience. Then two account managers came in to ask situational questions. The second day of interviews was with three upper level managers, with a live panel Q&A. After the interview panel, I had 90 minutes to complete three writing samples; a press release, a media alert/pitch and run of show for an Wisconsin Department of Tourism campaign. Everyone I met with was extremely professional and welcoming. As with all interviews, especially with the legacy success of LC - I would recommend asking what the benchmark for success is, and then be prepared to speak to how you'll deliver on that.

Interview Questions

• Did a role play activity on a last minute product launch and how I would alert local media. All of the questions throughout the interview's properly represented the innovative and creative agency of LC.   Answer Question