Laughlin/Constable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laughlin/Constable Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

Account Executive - Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying multiple times with the company I was brought in for an interview. I had a great experience with the on-staff recruiter. Had two interviews which consisted of great dialogue with upper level management. The first set was general background on my experience. Then two account managers came in to ask situational questions. The second day of interviews was with three upper level managers, with a live panel Q&A. After the interview panel, I had 90 minutes to complete three writing samples; a press release, a media alert/pitch and run of show for an Wisconsin Department of Tourism campaign. Everyone I met with was extremely professional and welcoming. As with all interviews, especially with the legacy success of LC - I would recommend asking what the benchmark for success is, and then be prepared to speak to how you'll deliver on that.

Interview Questions

• Did a role play activity on a last minute product launch and how I would alert local media. All of the questions throughout the interview's properly represented the innovative and creative agency of LC.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I had a phone interview with a group of people and within one week I had an in-person interview. The in-person interview was, again, with a group of people. Within two weeks I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you accel at and one thing you're looking to work on?   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

It was awful. Met with three different groups of 2-3 people and was asked mostly backend related questions. I have no interest in a backend job and did not apply for one. Trainwreck ensued.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about database design and normalization.   Answer Question

Content Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in just under 2 weeks to set up an in-person interview. Once I got to the interview, I was asked to fill out a paper version of the online application which was a bit frustrating. They asked for addresses and phone numbers for previous employers, so make sure you have that available. The interview lasted about a half hour and had two parts. I first interviewed with the team I'd be working with, then with HR. The interview was very conversational and not really your typical, "tell us a strength. tell us a weakness. etc."

Interview Questions

• They asked my thoughts on emerging social media platforms.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, easy to talk to. Timely and fun. Made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk about my work. They also gave me a quick tour which was nice. Their secretary is great as well!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at first since I was an intern but when I was extended I did negotiate a new hourly rate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with 4 people in one day - this is preferred instead of making multiple trips to meet with potential colleagues. Met with junior and senior level people as well as the predecessor.

Interview Questions

• Experience dealing with problems and how I provided a solution   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laughlin/Constable (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

I was considered for this position because of my online presence. Over time, I developed a relationship with my future boss by interacting with him and other LC employees on Twitter. I was then referred to HR where the interview lasted not more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your ultimate goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place. Their intern rates are pretty much set in stone. But I was given a bit extra because of my particular skill set. If you give them a reason to pay above their normal $10/hr rate, they'll reward you for it.