Leeds City Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leeds City Council Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.8

Graduate Programmer - Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for this post online (the application was fairly straightforward aside from one or two odd questions), and received an invitation to attend an assessment centre around 3 weeks later. At the assessment centre, there was:

A Partner Panel - there were 6 tables set up in the room, each with two interviewers. Candidates were instructed to move around the room until they had been interviewed by each panel, spending 10 minutes with each one. It was designed to see how quickly you build rapport with people, and was slightly odd as you didn't have much time with each panel. Some of the questions were very repetitive and one or two of the interviewers seemed overly judgemental and stand-offish, though most were lovely and made an effort to make you feel like it was just a conversation rather than an interview.

A Presentation - You were only informed on the topic of this on the day of the presentation, and had 45 minutes to prepare for it (without the use of computers etc). A panel of 2 people watched your presentation and then asked questions at the end. Both members of the panel seemed okay but a little stand-offish at times, and didn't seem to go out of their way to make you feel at ease.

A Psychometric Test - this was quite difficult and you were only given around 20 minutes to answer about 30 questions, so many candidates including myself did not finish the questions.

And finally, a Group Exercise, in which about 5 candidates sat around a table as though they were in a board meeting and had to discuss a particular issue/topic, to see how you are in a leadership scenario. This was okay but not very well explained during the actual exercise, leaving the candidates to guess a lot.

Overall the assessment centre was okay but some of it could have been better-designed to assess the candidates in-depth.

I was informed about 2 weeks later on the outcome, and they have said they will send feedback but not until another month from now (about 2 months since the actual assessment centre).

Interview Questions

• What 3 words would your friends use to describe you?
      What made you want to work for Leeds City Council/in Leeds?
      What do you think makes a good leader?
      What can you bring to Leeds City Council?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Lunch Time Supervisory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

common sense questions about safeguarding and confidentiality. Panel of interviewers who ask you three questions each e.g what experience i have had with children, if i was still going to keep doing my volunteer work as well if i was offered the position. Would i like to further my training etc. They explained about the job roll and what was expected of all the staff at the school and that they are opportunities in different jobs in the school if you wanted to do another roll as well.

Interview Questions

• If a child came up to you and asked you to keep a secret what would you say.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Arrived early, taken into a room and asked if I would like a drink. Computer only had half of test on so had to finish on other computer, Had a good interview, everyone polite, got shown around, week later got told I had job and asked if I could start after my 4 weeks notice I had to give.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly, casual, easy answering questions - more about LCCs misson and policies. For my first interview ever i had this preconseived idea however the experiance was much better than i thought it was.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a health and safety insident in your office?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

This was an interview at a Primary School that came under Leeds City Council.

The interview process consisted of:

A tour of the school, its grounds and notable areas with the other interview candidates.

A individual interview with the head teacher, a teacher and the school governor.

The tour was pleasant and allowed for the asking of questions.

The interview was fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• When have you encountered a challenging situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Face to face - technical interview. Got asked about technical questions in sharepoint and .net technologies. Got asked if I was ok to have a crb check. A few more questions from your cv.

Class Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Task- Lesson for a year 2 class based on English or Maths skills with a full class showcasing ability to teach. Formal interview with the head teacher, deputy head and the chair of governors range of questions based on the school and on teaching experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Poor question and no job knowledge from the interviewers. They just seemed to be going through the motions of interviewing following the procedure but generally had no interest in the person actually being interviewed

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you help communities within Leeds   1 Answer

Architectural Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Got contacted by recruitment office. and then went to the interview.