Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions

Interviews at Lettuce Entertain You

2.4

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Video, in person and emailing, a lot of steps which made it seem more worth it. It was quite thorough. After many interviews I finally got the intern and it was good

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, then interview with HR, then interview at specific restaurants.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was conducted through an app (video interview) where there were pre-recorded questions and then you would answer, then with a follow up email from the recruiter and phone call with the recruiter and then with the general manager of the restaurant.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Apply and wait for a call. They called back within 2 days to schedule an interview. After interviewing with the assistant manager and the general manager they reviewed and told me after two days that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Rosemont, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

I honestly have mixed emotions on the whole process. I had a missed call, and few minutes later, a text from a manager from Bub City asking if I would like to interview for the serving position I applied for. I responded, moments later, with days/times that would work for me. Never heard back, so I texted the same number, the next day, to check-in and got a response. I ended up coming back early from my bachlorette party, because I really wanted this job. I love whiskey and country music, have gone to to Bub City in Chicago, and enjoyed myself, thought it would be the perfect server job. When I arrived for my interview, I had to call because the door was locked. I then sat there for roughly ten minutes while the manager talked to other employees and got a few things done. That's fine, I've worked in the business before, I get how things go. When he did sit down with me, I thankfully had my resume with me, as he had nothing printed out. I just felt like I was bothering him, especially when he looked annoyed that he had to sit down for a few minutes, with me. He wasn't really listening to me at first. He also asked when I was talking about my previous serving experience how I liked working for a company that Lettuce does not own, but asked how I liked working for Lettuce. I didn't want to correct him (and honestly since he wasn't really listening to me, thought to myself, what's the point) but I would think a manager would know for sure what restaurants the company he works for, does own. I just feel like I was an inconvenience from the start. Please don't waste people's time and if you are going to schedule an interview, be prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Favorite country artist?   Answer Question

Lettuce Entertain You Response

Sep 12, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your interview at Bub City. We strive to give every candidate a positive experience during the entire application process, one that reflects our Culture... More

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You.

Interview

I went in for an interview that lasted only 10 minutes, and was asked at that interview if I could come in the very next day for a second interview. The second interview lasted 7 minutes and I was asked to come in for a third and final interview. The third interview lasted only 3 minutes and then got an email 3 days later that I was not hired.
    It would have been better to have never been called back after the first interview, instead of rearranging my schedule multiple times for nothing.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You.

Interview

I sat with a general manager of the restaurant who took notes on a sheet of paper with 4 squares on it. It guided the interview. After this interview, I was asked to sit down with the head of the division. This was a shorter, more casual conversation compared to the first interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Very pleasant interview with manager and then GM. They wanted to tell me just as much about LEYE and Wildfire as I wanted to tell them about myself. Hired that day. Looking forward to starting there

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A friend mentioned they were hiring. I submitted my application later that day. The next day, I was called for an interview. 2 days later, I was invited to start training... VERY simple and straight forward!

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for dealing with other people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

The best way to obtain employment at Lettuce is to go and apply at the restaurant between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. This is when the lunch rush has died down and managers would have a moment to speak (but not always, so do not be discouraged and follow up with them). When you finish filling out the application ask to speak with a manager and usually they will sit you down on the spot and explain the current positions they have open and ask about your own restaurant experience. If you do not have any, that does not necessarily mean they will not hire you, but they might ask you to host or do carry-out. I know many people that have become servers after putting in their time for a few months.

Interview Questions

• What is your restaurant experience? How would people describe you?   Answer Question