Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lettuce Entertain You Interview Questions

2.3

Server Interview

Interview

Fast, easy, low pressure, I went in and applied with a friend, they ended up hiring both of us. They look for people that are easy-going and smart. I would say that this interview was one of the easiest I have ever done.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick non scheduled interview. They posted an ad on craiglist say anyone can stop by for an interview. waited for a manager for about 30 minutes. Was greeted and was told to talk about myself. Very casual. I was not taken into the office but a table in the dinning room in the front of the restaurant. Which I thought was odd because guest entering could over hear our converstation

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the industry before? What is your least favorite thing about the industry?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Very professional. I dealt with one recruiter on the phone and two partners in interviews. They were always courteous and warm, they were proactive in moving the process along, and got back to me when they said they would. Unfortunately I didn't get the offer, but this message was conveyed to me via a personal phone call, not an anonymous email or, worse yet, simply no contact at all.

Interview Questions

• I was trying to transition into a role that was different from any management job I had held in the past, and they wanted a thorough explanation of why I wanted to make the change.   1 Answer

Summer Finance Interview

Interview

It was a on-campus recruiting event and I met the recruiter there. She's a nice lady and we had a great talk. I got my interview right from talking to her and we had the interview the next day. Nothing special really, but do remember to show your interest in this company

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, beginning with GM, Operations Manager, and finally the owners. Very informal and laid back. From talking to other servers, it seems Lettuce Entertain You likes to train their own, meaning you don't have to have a ton of experience as a server-in fact, they'd prefer if you didn't. If you're like me, and had 3-4 years of serving under your belt, be flexible and open to new ways of doing things.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite dish. What's your favorite wine? How would you handle a difficult interaction with a customer?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

First round was a on one chat with the manager of the restaurant. Second round was with another manager of a different restaurant and third round was with the owners of the LEYE division.

Interview Questions

• Asked about positive and negative dining experiences, passions outside the job, commitment and plans within the service industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Fill out the interview, waited for a good half hour then interviewed with a manager who asked me the basic server interview questions. After we chatted, he grabbed another manager to say hey followed by the GM. The interview itself lasted around 30 minutes until I was out the door.

Interview Questions

• Get to know me kinda questions and about previous service experiences   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in September 2013.

Interview

After applying, I received a call from someone in the HR department at Lettuce. She asked me a few preliminary questions, then scheduled an in-person interview. She emailed me precise directions to the office. When I arrived, I had to wait a bit, but I was offered refreshments by one of the staff. I then met the HR representative and we talked in her office; she mostly asked me the same questions she had asked over the phone. Then I met the Senior Web Developer. He explained the job and the culture, then invited me to talk about myself. He then asked me some technical questions, which I tried to answer as well as I could. I was then introduced to the head of the department; she asked me general questions, and then explained the culture of the company, very similar to how the Senior Web Developer had described it. After chatting a bit more, the senior developer escorted me out. I had to wait several days for a reply, when I was told I wasn't the "right fit" for the company.

Interview Questions

• After sensing that I had little experience, my interviewer asked me what I would do if I didn't know the answer to a problem. My answer "Google." He said, "Correct." Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple, I had no hospitality experience but loads of customer service and sales. Was asked how I could apply those experiences to hospitality. It was a one on one interview with a GM for multiple restaurants. It was an easy process because the restaurant was new and not even open yet so they were hiring many young attractive people with all types of experiences.

Interview Questions

• How can I apply my skills to a restaurant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy. They pay their host's better than most places in the city but now that the minimum wage has been raised to what they were already paying I find it unlikely that they will negotiate higher wages for host's.

Manager Interview

Interview

Interned for the summer and winter break. Sat down with the GM toward the end of winter break and he asked me if I wanted to come back. I said that I did and we spoke a couple months later as my last semester was finishing up. We did a half hour phone screen for formality and the position was offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was entry level.