Lifeway Christian Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 55 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

Great overall interview process. It was conversational and professional. The manager made me feel welcome and at ease throughout the entire process. I'd highly recommend other than the fact all of their stores are now closed.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources in Jun 2021

Interview

I had an overall good experience with Lifeway during the interview process although I ultimately was not offered the job. The process included an initial phone interview, an interview with the team manager followed by a simple coding challenge. Next, I was invited to meet the entire team, which consisted of 4 people total. Lastly, I was invited to interview with the director of IT. I wish the process had not taken as much time as it did. It was over a month of multiple interviews, which was longer than I would have liked. The teams members were all very friendly. The HR representative was very responsive and supportive. So overall, I have no hard feelings toward the company. In the end, they chose to bring in a candidate who had previously worked with one of the team members.

Interview Questions
  • What is something that I didn't ask you that I should have?

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

The first interview was a very chill meet and greet with the manager and direct report. The next was with the Director of the department and the manager to go over more details about my work history and prepare for the final interview with the Vice President. I thought it was very cool that the VP took time to meet with each candidate as it showed a real level of responsibility for the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
  • They want you to know the mission statement by memory and be about their company goals.

Application

Interview

I had two interviews, one via phone with HR and then a video interview with three employees the following week. All of the interviewers were kind and fun to talk with. I believe the selection process has not ended, so I have not yet heard back. However, everyone I spoke with assured me that they don't like to leave people hanging and would get in touch with me either way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in Jun 2019

Interview

I was emailed to set up a conversation with their HR staff member, then I spoke with my potential supervisor, then I had to fill out a "test" to see if I would fit the criteria.

Interview Questions
  • How does your schooling fit this job description? What does it help you to bring to the table?

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

Not many questions about myself, more about management and company. Asked about what denomination of church you are currently actively attending and what you are currently studying. Talked about some of the products too.

Interview Questions
  • What are you currently doing a Bible study on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Huntsville, AL) in Sep 2018

Interview

Three step interview process. First an email asking questions about your salvation experience, willingness to work 12-20 hours/week, and why I want to work at Lifeway. Depending on whether they like your responses, they'll call to set up a phone interview that lasts about 10 minutes. If you pass this part, they'll want you to come in for an in-person interview. The interviewer said on the phone that he thought I was a good fit. When I came in there was another person on the panel and the first question was why I thought I'd be a good fit based on our phone conversation. Then there are a series of standard interview questions, some related to the store vision such as how would I give the gospel and was I willing to pray with or counsel a distressed customer. It was very pleasant and we had good rapport. Then he said they would email me that day or the next to let me know their decision. After a month-long process of him seeming to like me and think I was a good fit, I must have somehow said something he didn't like because they did not offer me the job. I would warn that anyone who has a strong conscience about selling certain products they didn't agree with should be cautious about applying to Lifeway as that was a fear that I voiced. In the end he probably made the right decision.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good fit for Lifeway. Describe a situation in which someone asked you to do something that made you uncomfortable and how you responded (school or work situation). Describe a weakness that you've turned into a strength.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2018

Interview

Very easy and engaging! The conversation was more relational which made me feel more relaxed while answering the questions. I was greeted with a warm welcome and got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenging situation you endured and how you overcame

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Beaverton, OR)

Interview

Interview Questions
  • I met with the store Manager and the store Assistant Manager. I was asked questions about product knowledge, music artists, authors and faith. The more you know about faith-based and ministry-based products the more likely you are to get the position. It helps to be friendly and understand customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in Aug 2018

Interview

It was 20 Minutes long and It was not hard at all. Basic questions about your skills and work experiences. The interviewer was so nice and gives me some suggestions about the area. She told me that they don’t offer a relocation for the position I applied with. But that is ok we are planning on moving anyway.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions like: Tell me about your Background. Why do want to work with this company? Do you have any knowledge of this company? How do you keep up with New Technologies? Why are you the perfect candidate for this position?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Interviews