Cover image for Lifeway Christian Resources

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lifeway Christian Resources Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

In Person5%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

The process was streamlined and very productive. There were panel interviews over zoom to help narrow down the amount of interviews which was much appreciated. This experience was much more efficient than most companies I’ve interviewed with.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about their values and what I thought of those said values.
    Answer Question

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

Those conducting the interview were kind and courteous, I appreciated their questions and our conversations. Their questions mainly revolved around my past experiences working with others on a team and in a team setting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources in Mar 2022

Interview

My experience with the interview process was extremely drawn out with very sporadic communication. After applying, I received a text message 4 weeks later followed by an email from the HR recruiter, requesting I provide availability for a phone screening. The phone screening was high level, but I was given more details around the general team and needs of the role. I did thoroughly enjoy the screening call and speaking with the HR recruiter. The questions asked were in large part, faith based. After the initial screening, I was immediately invited to meet with two individuals in senior level roles on the broader team. This was a video call which involved more behavioral based questions. I was told in the initial phone screening, that because of rapid growth that the interview process could take a bit longer than average. And I should mention that the recruiter communicated primarily through texting. After the panel video call with the two senior leaders, a few weeks went by with no update. So I followed up with the recruiter to inquire about status and potential next steps. I did not receive an immediate reply. A few more weeks passed and I received a text message from the recruiter asking my availability to meet with the executive of the team that same week. I altered my schedule to accommodate, since I was interested in the role and the company at that time. In meeting with the executive, there seemed to have been mutual interest. But since that call, I have not received any updates and not even a cold, automated rejection email. Given the amount of time invested in the process and speaking with multiple people on the team, I would expect more of any professional organization and even more from a Christian organization. While everyone I spoke with was nice, this does not excuse the unkind act of being lax in communication and devaluing a candidate's time. And I can appreciate that their HR team is under-resourced to handle the rapid growth; however extended interview processes that far exceed the norm (approximately 4 months-6 months), along with inconsistent to no communication at all is extremely bad practice. Shame on Lifeway for allowing any bad practice or process like this to stand.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to manage a difficult employee? How did you handle the situation?

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources in Jun 2021

Interview

I had an overall good experience with Lifeway during the interview process although I ultimately was not offered the job. The process included an initial phone interview, an interview with the team manager followed by a simple coding challenge. Next, I was invited to meet the entire team, which consisted of 4 people total. Lastly, I was invited to interview with the director of IT. I wish the process had not taken as much time as it did. It was over a month of multiple interviews, which was longer than I would have liked. The teams members were all very friendly. The HR representative was very responsive and supportive. So overall, I have no hard feelings toward the company. In the end, they chose to bring in a candidate who had previously worked with one of the team members.

Interview Questions
  • What is something that I didn't ask you that I should have?
1 person found this interview helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources

Interview

Great overall interview process. It was conversational and professional. The manager made me feel welcome and at ease throughout the entire process. I'd highly recommend other than the fact all of their stores are now closed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lifeway Christian Resources

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources in Aug 2020

Interview

3 to 4 part interview process. The initial interview is with the talent acquisition specialist via phone, second interview with hiring manager via video, third interview with full panel via video.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of questions on spiritual/religious qualities as expected, pretty hipster group so they ask about enneagram, latest and favorite book/series (publishing company, expected)

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN)

Interview

The first interview was a very chill meet and greet with the manager and direct report. The next was with the Director of the department and the manager to go over more details about my work history and prepare for the final interview with the Vice President. I thought it was very cool that the VP took time to meet with each candidate as it showed a real level of responsibility for the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
  • They want you to know the mission statement by memory and be about their company goals.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

Interview

I had two interviews, one via phone with HR and then a video interview with three employees the following week. All of the interviewers were kind and fun to talk with. I believe the selection process has not ended, so I have not yet heard back. However, everyone I spoke with assured me that they don't like to leave people hanging and would get in touch with me either way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in Jun 2019

Interview

I was emailed to set up a conversation with their HR staff member, then I spoke with my potential supervisor, then I had to fill out a "test" to see if I would fit the criteria.

Interview Questions
  • How does your schooling fit this job description? What does it help you to bring to the table?

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN)

Interview

Not many questions about myself, more about management and company. Asked about what denomination of church you are currently actively attending and what you are currently studying. Talked about some of the products too.

Interview Questions
  • What are you currently doing a Bible study on
Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews

Lifeway Christian Resources Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Lifeway Christian Resources as 80.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.44 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Content Editor and Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Key Holder and Store Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Lifeway Christian Resources takes an average of 34 days when considering 68 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Key Holder roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Lifeway Christian Resources according to 68 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 28.46%

Work at Lifeway Christian Resources? Share Your Experiences

Lifeway Christian Resources logo

Lifeway Christian Resources Careers

Cover image for Lifeway Christian Resources

The ministries of Lifeway Christian Resources have been centered in Nashville, Tennessee, since its founding in 1891. Today Lifeway's...More

• Careers
  • Values
  • History of Lifeway

Company Updates

274 days ago

Company News
"As the world emerged from the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, Lifeway helped churches regain a sense of normalcy while also equipping them for the future. “Lifeway saw many churches joyfully re-engage in ministry activities in 2021 that had to be sidelined or altered for a season due to the pandemic,” said Ben Mandrell, Lifeway president and CEO. “At the same time, churches are also evaluating their next steps. Throughout this past year, Lifeway has continued to strategically adapt to meet the needs of today’s churches while also positioning them for future ministry.” Continue reading: https://blog.lifeway.com/newsroom/2021/12/20/lifeway-helps-churches-return-to-normalcy-in-2021/
Shared image - Lifeway helps churches return to normalcy in 2021
Lifeway helps churches return to normalcy in 2021
blog.lifeway.com

323 days ago

Product News
Lifeway recognized on Newsweek’s Best Online Shops 2022 List Lifeway Christian Resources has been recognized on Newsweek’s list of Best Online Shops 2022. Lifeway landed at No. 5 in the category of media (e.g., books, CD, DVD, software). Lifeway CEO Ben Mandrell said the entire organization is excited to be recognized as a top e-commerce site. “This recognition reflects the hard work by our IT and Marketing teams to improve the user experience at Lifeway.com and to refresh our brand. Both of these have been priorities for Lifeway as we focus on the needs of our customers,” Mandrell said. “We know it’s important for church leaders to find just the right resource at the right time in their ministry. “We’ve taken our customers’ feedback and have been making much-needed improvements to our website,” he continued. “We want to do everything we can to make it easy for church leaders to find the ministry resources they need to be more effective in the work they do.”
Shared image - Lifeway recognized on Newsweek's Best Online Shops 2022 List
Lifeway recognized on Newsweek's Best Online Shops 2022 List
blog.lifeway.com

Lifeway Christian Resources Photos

+ Add Photo
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: President and CEO Dr. Ben Mandrell at his first chapel
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay 2019 Interns
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: "LifeWay doesn't just provide Christian resources for the church, but for your heart, for your relationship with Christ." - Gladys Nava, Bilingual Sales Coordinator
Lifeway Christian Resources photo of: LifeWay Headquarters Cafe