Livingston International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.3

Release Customs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Livingston International (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through indeed got a call for a phone interview 3 weeks later ended up doing it on the spot got asked to come in for an in person interview that same week. Was suppose to be a 3 person panel interview. They were friendly I was nervous. They asked basic interview questions and a few behavioral geared questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with computers and software ?   Answer Question
    • If you could be any animal what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a past achievement you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with freight forwarding?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new job and leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What traits you apart from someone else going for the same position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Livingston International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Met with the director who seemed rushed and did not know how to interview. the interviewer asked very basic questions and did not really seem pay attention. Based on his responses of what the culture was like the environment seems like a churn and burn shop no one would ever want to work at.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about yourself. (the indicator they have no idea what they are doing)   Answer Question

Global Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Livingston International (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I phone interviewed with the recruiting manager and hiring manager, then in person with the hiring manager and lastly with two local managers. Communication back was non-existent. The candidate experience was poor and likely indicative of the disengaged management culture that seems to be expressed in many of the current employee reviews. After three in-person interviews I would expect to be notified of the outcome via a phone call. This was a surprising experience as I initially thought the CHRO was sharp and wanting to effect organizational change; but that didn't even happen within her own scope of influence. I deeply understand hiring for fit, but customer and candidate experience is critical at every level and every interaction. A 5-month process, with no meaningful communication, is incredulous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to overcome resistance to change. What did you do and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Livingston International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. I sat in the lobby with another candidate for 20 minutes before we were greeted. Once we were greeted, the other candidate was told to leave as his position was already filled.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing now, describe job/background etc. strictly behavioral.   Answer Question

Data Entry Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Livingston International (Itasca, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with Kristie Lazzara and the production manager. The interview lasted for maybe 15 minutes very short and sweet and very comfortable. I applied via indeed and she reached out via email and then a phone call. Very quick interview .. Asked me how would I like nights, team work etc.said they would get back with me by the end of the week.

Release Classification Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Livingston International (Itasca, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a Human Resources Representative out of their Illinois office for a preliminary phone screen. Was advised that the Hiring Manager was leaving town and they would follow-up with me as they wanted to proceed and they knew the Manager would definitely want to speak with me. Followed up for about three weeks and was apologized to for the lack of communication as they were a bit behind. From then on my phone calls continued to go unanswered and unreturned and emails were left unresponded to.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most recent position (duties and responsibilities).   Answer Question

Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livingston International (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Typical job interview. Expect a question asking about yourself, and they ask what you know about the company. Do your homework and you will be ok. Any microsoft office experience is a plus, as well as previous experience in the customs brokerage industry

Classification Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livingston International (Southfield, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward. I was interviewed by about 6 managers that I found out were all in different departments. I guess they needed people in every department and decided every manager would get a chance to look at the candidates.
    Other than that it was a standard interview, no curveball questions or anything like that. Just "where do you see yourself in a few years" and "how do you solve difficult situations" things like that.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation.

Imports Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Livingston International (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You are interviewed by Marlo Wood. Sometimes by 3 others as well. Also, Marlo will be asking questions about the whole process on how to handle a file. She is testing you to see everything you know and don't know.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Livingston International (Southfield, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Two people were there, but only one did all the talking. The hiring manager gave a very informative overview regarding the vision of the company, and where this role fits it. Then she went into the job expectations and questions about my resume. It seemed to go well, but I had the distinct feeling that they already knew who they wanted, and were just going through the motions with me. In the end, they were undecided whether there would be a second round of call-backs. She said she would give me feedback either way, and I never heard back again, even after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• After going through the job description, she asked what would be the most challenging thing. She asked me to talk about an accomplishment that I was most proud of. No surprises; nothing "tricky". They mentioned that it was a newly created position and that the job description could change, so it seemed as though they weren't really sure what they wanted, and would probably end up picking somebody based on personality more than qualifications.   Answer Question