Livingston International Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel McHugh

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management doesn't respect inside sales, outside sales reps are spoiled primadonna's held to much lower stands than the inside team (in 8 reviews)

• Lack of communication or deliberate miscommunication is common place (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best move I ever made"

Current Employee - Trade Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Trade Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Livingston International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people - open and very willing to help me learn my job and the business

Cons

nothing so far -been here 6 months

Advice to Management

continue to focus on employee satisfaction and keeping the great performers, whicl continuing to automate wherever possible. New CEO sounds like he is really interested in the business being successful.

"Not enough staff for the workload"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at Livingston International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Major clients with interesting products. Industry leaders with international affiliation makes it easy to make contacts throughout United States, Canada and Mexico.

Cons

Challenges are that Management staffing decisions are don't seem to be based on client contract needs. The communication between the sales staff and operations staff is poor at best.

Advice to Management

Communicate with operations staff.

3. "Best Admin Position Ever!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Livingston International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty cool, laid back environment.

Cons

There are some people in the exports dept. who don't always do what they're supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Associate,IFTS Export"

Current Employee - Associate Freight Operations Export in Harvey, LA
    Current Employee - Associate Freight Operations Export in Harvey, LA

I have been working at Livingston International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and learn a new business

Cons

Training could be a little more organized

"Enter At Your Own Risk"

I worked at Livingston International full-time

Pros

They do pay.. but stiff you on the employee referral program

Cons

The tonawanda branch is shady..They tell you there is overtime but what they don't tell you upfront is that you have to reach a certain amount of shipments to do so. I was happy to do a mandatory hour of overtime in training, which was then changed at the last minute..They first give you a goal to clear 40 shipments. Which is very simple. but the management starts nit picking as you go. Depending on if the management likes you they'll uses certain tactics to disillusion from the job and into quitting like say your numbers goal is 60-61 shipments when everyone else's remains at 36-40.

"Sr Customer service rep and import analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Livingston International full-time

Pros

pay and benefits were good.

Cons

treated as a number not a person severely micromanaged. hostile work environment

8. "Good place to gain experience"

Pros

Good place to gain experience

Cons

Not much work life balance

"Livingston buy out of exsisting brokerage company"

I worked at Livingston International full-time

Pros

Company was in transition of being bought out by Livingston International in New Orleans. This was a small Mom and Pop family owned brokerage/export company with a long history in the area. Larger, more modern Livingston was slowly taking over without trying to change too much to quickly or cutting jobs.

Cons

The original company had a long way to go to catch up to a modern office environment and desperately needed Livingston to step in a little more to ensure that nepotism, hostile work environment and negative out-dated practices were no longer accepted so the company could grow.

Advice to Management

Original Management- work with Livingston during the take over in the areas of office environment temperament and positive work environment. Livingston Management- needs to have a stronger HR presence actually in the office and sharing with Houston office. More eyes and ears in the actual location.

10. "Rapidly recovering in the USA. Future looks bright."

I have been working at Livingston International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company who made some [big] mistakes in the past 18 months, but things are improving day over day. Great team culture. I think we are rapidly moving in the right direction.

Cons

Too much change, too quickly. But, I think they "get it" now and are refocused on what needs to be fixed.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing what we have. Stop adding more change. CEO is gone... let's see what the new team does.

"Losing Hope"

I have been working at Livingston International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work is steady & very busy. Client base is big. You will not have to worry about time passing slowly.

Cons

If you thrive on fast pace & high stress environments - then you may want to give it a try. Leadership at the top does not care about their hard working staff. Lots of lip service & deceit. Loyalty & dedication have become a thing of the past. Local management tends to treat you poorly, yet expect great things out of you. Mixed signals & favoritism are common. There are exceptions with a few managers who are respectful & know how to manage people. Livingston beats you down mentally. Many long time, dedicated employees seem to be frowned upon even though we chose this as our career. We don't feel we are being told the truth on how things are really going. They try to paint a rosy picture but we, the people, sense differently.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to get real & believe us when we say we're struggling. Zero loyalty mentality towards hard working, loyal staff needs to end. All of us, not just some, deserve a big incentive for sticking in there through all of this craziness.