Lone Star College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lone Star College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.4

Ws Interview

Interview

There was two people in the interview and your self pretty smooth heard back in about a week and a half. Many of the questions were pretty easy lots of situational questions

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lone Star College.

Interview

Initial screening call followed by in-person interview. Thirty-minute in person interview was confirmed for 2:00. When I got there, I walked into the interview room and another candidate was getting ready for their interview. I was told that one of their earlier candidates was late to the interview which delayed everyone else's interview. I was told to sit in the waiting room. I waited 45 minutes for my interview OR for someone to explain what the problem was and why there was a delay. Eventually after 1 hour I left without being interviewed. This is no way to treat a potential applicant. I

Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Tomball, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago and initial interview was cancelled. But when I finally got the call that reschedule, i Interviewed with a 4 person panel. Felt very comfortable through process and staff was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If there was a commercial that could describe you as an employee what would it say? (Paraphrasing but that was basically the question)   Answer Question

Lab Coordinator/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was given a written paper test with 5 question mostly about how to calculate and make various chemical solutions. I was provided paper, pencil, and a T-86 calculator.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple request from different instructors at the same time?   1 Answer

Groundsworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lone Star College (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, recieved a call the next morning. I went to interview the following day. I sat at a long table with the guys who are now my co-workers. They each ask me a certain question ranging from why I wanted to work as a grounds keeper to where I saw myself in the future. Then I was asked to start a stihl weed eater to see if I really knew how, I started it and that was it...

Interview Questions

• Can I run and operate the machinery required to perform the job duties outlined for this position safetly and effectively?   1 Answer

PT Specialist IV - Contact Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX).

Interview

You must apply online, if they chose you they will set up an appointment to meet. Sometimes it may take up to a month before you are called for the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 and 10 years?
      How can you relate to certain work related issues?
      How will you handle an angry person?   Answer Question

Specialist III - Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX).

Interview

Professional environment and welcoming people making the interview process comfortable. They get to show you around and explain the duties you'll be required to do. It was a group of 3 people who handle different areas in the marketing department. The interview was in an open area where they hold their weekly meetings. It was a casual environment.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see my portfolio, know about my skills and background experience.   Answer Question

Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took months but the holidays were in the middle of it. However, the first interview was in November, the second after the holidays so in January. The second interview was in February. The third interview (every new hire must interview with the president of the college) was also in February.

Part Time Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Kingwood, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The position was open and a professor who I was familiar with in the department approached me about taking the job. I had taken classes there for 3 semesters so I had enough experience in the department to be able to open and close when the professor could not be there, as well as assist any students as needed.

Interview Questions

• Did I know the basics of the department in which I would be working?   1 Answer

Specialist IV Interview

Interview

Applied and received a brief phone interview a few days later. They emailed me information about the face to face interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and they took me to a small conference room. 2 supervisors took turns asking questions. Seemed informal because they kept pausing and making mistakes. So I went along and made a joke or 2. They said the next process would be an interview with the Director and/or Dean. I was asked about 10 questions and many caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.   Answer Question
    • something about using technical expertise with a customer   Answer Question