Lone Star College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.4

Lab Coordinator/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was given a written paper test with 5 question mostly about how to calculate and make various chemical solutions. I was provided paper, pencil, and a T-86 calculator.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple request from different instructors at the same time?   1 Answer

PT Specialist IV - Contact Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX).

Interview

You must apply online, if they chose you they will set up an appointment to meet. Sometimes it may take up to a month before you are called for the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 and 10 years?
      How can you relate to certain work related issues?
      How will you handle an angry person?
      Answer Question

Specialist III - Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX).

Interview

Professional environment and welcoming people making the interview process comfortable. They get to show you around and explain the duties you'll be required to do. It was a group of 3 people who handle different areas in the marketing department. The interview was in an open area where they hold their weekly meetings. It was a casual environment.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see my portfolio, know about my skills and background experience.   Answer Question

Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took months but the holidays were in the middle of it. However, the first interview was in November, the second after the holidays so in January. The second interview was in February. The third interview (every new hire must interview with the president of the college) was also in February.

Part Time Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Kingwood, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The position was open and a professor who I was familiar with in the department approached me about taking the job. I had taken classes there for 3 semesters so I had enough experience in the department to be able to open and close when the professor could not be there, as well as assist any students as needed.

Interview Questions

• Did I know the basics of the department in which I would be working?   1 Answer

Specialist IV Interview

Interview

Applied and received a brief phone interview a few days later. They emailed me information about the face to face interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and they took me to a small conference room. 2 supervisors took turns asking questions. Seemed informal because they kept pausing and making mistakes. So I went along and made a joke or 2. They said the next process would be an interview with the Director and/or Dean. I was asked about 10 questions and many caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.   Answer Question
    • something about using technical expertise with a customer   Answer Question

Lecturer/Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star College in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was decent. It included teaching questions and brief teaching demonstration.The whole process lasted for 45 minutes. The search committee was polite and nice. At the end of the interview, they informed me that if I am selected, I will do another interview with the dean.

President, CyFair Campus Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Consultant did an excellent job preparing me and the team for my application and the interview. The travel planning and accommodations were done very well. The interview team was very professional and impressive.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very well constructed and planned in relation to needs. The committee members represented a good cross section of the college campus.   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Tomball, TX).

Interview

I interviewed at the Tomball campus with the enrollment director and one of the other advisors. When I applied for an internal position as a higher level advisor, it was a five panel team and it was filmed (which was unnerving, since I wasn't told that it would be filmed ahead of time). These were some of my colleagues also, so though I was comfortable, it made it awkward.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare a student for transferring to a four year university?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation-it was offered and their salaries are already dictated by the CC system

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lone Star College (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview is done by an hiring committee of 3-4 people interviewing one person. Each person asks a series of questions. After the interview a clerical assessment had to be complete and saved to a thumb drive.