Longs Drug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Longs Drug Interview Questions

2.3

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The interview was quite fast and simple. The questions were pretty basic and general. I had two managers at my interview but both were really nice and quite engaged. They made conversation with me during my interview which made me feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation with an agitated customer   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview. They asked me some very general interview questions (nothing too outside of the box). That same day, I received another phone call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of when you worked as a team on something to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quite brief. I applied on line. It did not take long before I was called to schedule a phone interviewQuite brief. I applied on line. It did not take long before I was called to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Columbia, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

LOTS of tests online. Every position requiring a shadow interview lasting 3-5 hours, once you pass the HR hurdles. I applied for several jobs and did multiple hours work as a shadow interviewer in a place (each pharmacy was overwhelmed and understaffed to conduct peer interviews) where I learned much about the pharmacy work flow but was not invited to join. Be ready to tell every person, from HR to each individual PIC who you are, what you want and why you deserve to be there, after completing a mass of assessments. This is a very through company. They hire and fire at will within 1-2 weeks of work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Longs Drug (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and very straight forward. I applied for the job after high school, the process took a total of two days filling the application and interviewed the next day. There was only one interview with the store manager. I was able to get a "your hired" confirmation right there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Longs Drugs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day. Process took less than a week. (they were short on cashiers which influenced the process). After a few questions about my previous experience (I was a cashier so he asked me about how the job was at my old store), the manager went straight through the company policy and general new hire information.

Interview Questions

• I had past experience so they asked how I handled various customer service situations, but I doubt they would ask anything difficult for this type of job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had previous cashier experience though, so the manager bumped the hourly rate up by 25 cents, which is nice.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Modesto, CA).

Interview

I had a fairly easy time interviewing with the store manager at the location that I was hired. He was easy going and needed the seasonal help. I was very straight forward with him and told him that I needed Sundays for religious purposes and he was understanding and flexible. After one interview I was hired and then kept on after the holidays

Cashier Interview

Interview

Submitted a paper application because they advertised it with a sign at the front of the store was called about 2-days later to meet with store manager. Interview was rather easy, just basic questions on why I wanted to work there and my goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Honolulu, HI) in February 2014.

Interview

Applying was online and from there the store manager and assistant manager kept in contact to make sure I filled out all the forms and then interviewed and had to keep going back to file paper work.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Longs Drug (Palm Desert, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

This interview was very laid back and easy. As long as you dress nicely and stay professional it is a piece of cake. Also arrive early and do some research on the position you are applying for so you are prepared to start asap. Be honest and let them know if you don't know how to do something but ensure them you are willing to learn. Know what you want your starting pay to be roughly. I was asked how much I think I am worth.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative scenario you encountered that you could have handled differently?   Answer Question