Longwood University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Longwood University Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Admissions Counselor Interview

Interview

Over the phone interview process because I was not in the area. They came back pretty quickly with an answer, which was the answer I wanted. It was a challenging interview, but made me stronger when speaking with people.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online - phone interview - on campus visit and interviews. Interviewed with the dean, department chair, search committee members and other department members. Was expected to teach a lesson on a given topic. During the on-campus visit I was able to meet with current students in a formal and informal situation. Met with human resources to discuss the types of benefits they offer. Given a campus tour and tour of the local area.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you would suggest in order to increase student learning of freshman courses and thus improve the D, F, W rate in these courses?   Answer Question
    • Many questions were asked about previous work experience.   Answer Question

Desk Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very casual interview set up, with the interviewee and 2-3 interviewers. Relatively easy going setting but with a sense of seriousness just as any company. Overall it was well done

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

IT was a simple accept or dont accept situation. No negotiations were held.

English Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Longwood University.

Interview

There was no true process. I received a call out of the blue (two years after I had applied for a similar position) and was asked if I was still interested in working for LU. When I applied in the affirmative, I was given a list of courses I would teach, salary, and benefits. The interviewer then asked if I was still interested in the position. End of story.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions asked of me other than whether or not I could teach the courses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for a lecturer. You either accept the standard offer or not.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Longwood University.

Interview

I applied online and they called me in for an interview a couple of weeks later. I was then called with the job offer about three weeks after the interview.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Longwood University.

Interview

Individual interview process was fine, but the group interview was horrible - 10 people firing questions at you.

Interview Questions

• You don't seem adequately prepared for this interview. Why is that?   Answer Question

Energy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

took months to be called for interview
    had an initial interview on phone befoe coming in for the panel
    had one interview with a panel of team members
    had a second interview on the phone after reference checks were completed

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about experience and why you want to work here, nothing odd or crazy.   1 Answer

Department Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult... very warm and friendly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Building Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very easy going interview, emphasis was on the current involvement overall at the university. There were two managers that meet with me through the process. Very friendly and were interested in activity outside of just coursework. Seemed pretty important that candidates had decent grades and were reliable/able to take on part-time work (roughly 15 hours a week).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself post graduation?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Longwood University (Farmville, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via email to do a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited for a campus interview. During the campus interview, I was given a walking tour of campus, a driving tour of town, and I was also treated to dinner that evening after completing interviews with a few different folks in the apartment.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the most difficult problem/task I encountered and how I handled it.   Answer Question