Loram Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loram Interview Questions

2.8

General Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Loram in January 2016.

Interview

Filled out app online then received an generic email we got your app. Two weeks later received an email to do an online assessment generic questions some math etc. Week or two later received an email saying their doing interviews at the local unemployment office arrive early interview takes up to two hours. (Yes it's really that long) First they do a presentation as a group than they do one on one interviews. Hiring process takes up to a month n 2 weeks total so don't quit your current job after the interview

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with traveling being away from home 6 weeks at a time   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked around heavy equipment   1 Answer
    • Do you have an electrical experience   1 Answer
    • Do you have any hydraulic experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting pay is $12 an hour.

For Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loram in October 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview, your basic questions nothing really pressing. It was a very average interview. My only gripe was that it felt partially rushed like the interviewer was just going down the checklist of questions instead of asking follow ups he would just move on. They seemed a bit disorganized as they said I would definitely get a response with in 2 weeks confirming whether I was considered or not but they never did and contacting them was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict with a co worker or team mate.   Answer Question

General Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Loram in September 2015.

Interview

1. Applied Online In Late August 2015.
    2. Completed Online Pre Assessment Test First Week Of September And Accepted The Emailed Interview Invitation A Week Later. The Interview Was Two Weeks After The Invitation (Late September)
    3. I Drove Down To The Local WIN Job Center For The Interview. We Had To Register Online For The Center Before Interviews Started. After That, The Recruiter Gave A Group Presentation On Loram. Then, He Interviewed Us One By One. They Were About 12 Of Us. The Whole Thing Took About 2.5 Hours. I Accepted The Offer And Took The Drug Test Same Day. Since We Were Hired During The Seasonal Transition/Temporary Layoff Period, We Had To Wait 4 Months To Fly To Hamel, MN For Training.

Interview Questions

• Do You Have Any Mechanical Or Technical Experience?   1 Answer

Electrical Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loram (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to jobs.loram.com I received a confirmation email (generic) letting me know that my resume had been received. I was contacted by a recruiter from their HR department within 48 hours to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted and I was offered a chance to meet in person with the hiring manager at their offices. I received a confirmation email regarding my scheduled interview. The interview was held on time and was very professionally conducted - I was provided a tour of the facility, including the manufacturing area - this was very helpful, as it provided good background for my conversation with the hiring manager.

I received feedback from the recruiter after a few days and was invited back for a second round of interviews - they call it Behavior Based interviews. I was not familiar with this process, however the recruiter took time to discuss the process with me, so that I did not walk in cold, or have to figure out the process, while I was also trying to answer questions. This was extremely helpful and appreciated!

After the second round of interviews, I was told that it would be approx a week before a decision would be made, as they had two other candidates in consideration for the position. After a little over a week, I was contacted by the recruiter to discuss a potential offer. We discussed factors related to getting me on board and any obstacles/issues to me coming on board at Loram.

The next day, I received a call from the recruiter and hiring manager, offering me the position with Loram and they explained the process and timeline for my joining them.

All in all, it was a smooth experience and I feel like I was treated as a professional, and had ample opportunity to interact with everyone necessary to get a good feel for the company and the position. After being at Loram for a little less than a year, I can say that there have bee no suprises - what I saw on the front side, is the same as my experience today. This is a good company with a "homey" feeling to it. They work very hard, and play hard, too!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation, where you were tasked with changing the way a process had been done for a period of time to a group of your peers who had more experience than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pikeville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loram (Pikeville, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

they will hold a interview some where near your city, they held my at my local unemployment office ..They are very nice people and they won't just hire anyone . They do give people chances so if you get the chance take it and you will be surprised on how much they teach you

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with heavy equipment ?   1 Answer

Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Loram.

Interview

Hiring process is easy, but you will have to wait approx. 2 months to start training. training is one week in hamel, mn. It will be the best part of your job. So enjoy it! You will be studying for 2 massive tests, then they will throw a dart at a map and tell you where you are going, sometimes at the last minute.

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamel, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Loram (Hamel, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone conversation with Hiring Manager was terrific! 1.5 hours long with a lot of positive insight and solution/Fit conversation.

Thank a meet and greet with several key managers.

Traditional interview style and feedback.

Now today they use Behavior interviewing that is much more thorough focussing on STAR behavior.

Interview Questions

• How do you make change in an organization.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamel, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loram (Hamel, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and low stress. I was relocating and they helped provide transportation as well as relocation benefits. The interviews were very friendly and welcoming. The process was fairly fast.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience pertains to this position.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamel, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loram (Hamel, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Was told about Loram from a friend and went to the career center and filled out an application. I then had to wait a week or two for the recruiter to show up from Hamel, MN to interview us. There was about 15 people applying for the positions available and there was a large group interview explaining what Loram does and what the work was like in videos and slides, you where told if you are not the kind of person who wants to travel 100% of the time then this is not for you.

Then the interview went to 1 on 1 and they asked about our skills and why we wanted to work there, then we were told that he would be allying all week and if we did not get a call by Wednesday then he was not calling you. I did not get a call so a week or so later I called him back and asked if I should reapply or not and he said he called me but I did answer. He then offered me a spot and I said yes, I was on a plane to Hamel MN within 3 days. All travel is by plane and word schedule is 4-6 weeks away and then 2 weeks unpaid at home.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Loram? They will also ask about your ability with mechanics.   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about being away from home for up to 2 months at a time with only 2 weeks home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none really. Starting pay is what it is, if you have allot of experience then you might be able to negotiate.