Los Angeles Times Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Times Interview Questions

2.5

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Good interview, pretty straight forward, they made sure I was into the content on the personal level and of course on a technical level as well. I was told to make a sample piece of a story that interested me within a 2 - 3 day span for the final part of the process .

Interview Questions

• What can you bring new to the table?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Interview

Oral interview for work experience. Resume assumes experience. Mini testing on experience with real equipment situation. Given rules for ethics and firing procedures. Given traditional company profile and bio and mission statement

Paginator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Interview

Had two people interview me. Overall good experience. Everyone was very friendly. They asked very standard interview questions (i.e., what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses). Told me I would hear back within a week... never heard anything

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Interview

I participated on an interview inside a university. Very nice recruiter, but don't know if it was a waste of time for both of us. She didn't seem to actually have interest for my profile, so maybe we just both wasted our times.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really hard questions. It was more of a "let's meet you" kind of interview.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went through a third party recruitment company. Applied through email to the listing. Showed up and was given a guest pass. They came down to receive me, and we went up the offices upstairs. Large floor of cubicles and messy offices. It was a VERY laid back interview, lots of jokes, very easy questions for this position. I was a little surprised how easy they were. I probably would not have had trouble if I'd been wearing jeans.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to review a landing page "What I would do differently" to remodel it for conversions. It was a terrible landing page, so it was an easy answer.   Answer Question

Brand Publishing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Sent resume online and received an email from recruiter two weeks later. Met with supervising manager and had a standard interview. Also met with a potential co-worker. Sent a thank you email and follow up, and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Both manager and co-worker asked how I felt about the future of newspapers. I lied and told them I remained hopeful.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter and then a team lead for the sales team. It was a very casual and fun interview that took place in their cafeteria. It was more conversational than it was standard. After that interview, I was asked to come back to meet with the sales manager...I received a phone call days later and I accepted the job!

The Los Angles Times Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed and got the position of working within the customer service department of the LA Times.

Interview Questions

• Please provide circumstances surrounding a complaint that you handled for a company, be specific?.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No that was the salary and that was that!

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

one interview, panel.

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Circulation Forecasting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles Times (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter and introduced to the Circulation Financial Planning Director. Was introduced to the management team and met with numerous managers.

Interview Questions

• Did I want the job (given the ongoing downturn of the newspaper industry)   1 Answer

Negotiation

My salary negotiation was handled by my recruiter