Loughborough University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loughborough University Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

3.2

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loughborough University (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After applying online I got an email inviting me to a face to face interview at the London campus. I was interviewed by three people, all of them were very nice and made me feel comfortable. The interiew itself lasted about half an hour. Didn't get the job but it wasn't a bad experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell us about your current/previous job. What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Employability Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)).

Interview

application form - competency and scenario questions - 1 and a half hour to complete
    heard back within a week of submitting application form with email to attend interview
    also offer assessment centres for similar roles
    interview with a panel - competency questions asked again and questions in relation to the role itself and motivation for application

Interview Questions

Negotiation

given time to review offer
    to negotiation on starting salary

Industrial Design & Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed yet rather formal. Many students were dressed in smart casual and some in suits (I would say make yourself formal enough but add a personal twist for uniqueness). All the students (Applicants) were moved to a large open lecture hall where tables and chairs were presented. We each had a sticker with a number ID and we were all called out individually throughout the day to have the interview take place. The interviewer (Design School Lecturer) would then talk with us on a one to one basis about our portfolios. The portfolio discussion is led by both the student and lecturer (I would advise the student to take the initiative in presenting his/her work, this shows passion and interest). My portfolio consisted of a range of skills and works which shows the breadth and depth of my interest in Design. The lecturer was not afraid of criticising my work rather harshly but I believe it was to see how you respond to criticism and your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite product and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room to discuss hesitation of course selection. Don't be afraid to inquire about this.

Ra Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University.

Interview

Face to face interview with 2 PI of the project and an HR person. The process was very smooth and friendly. It took about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Questions and discussion were largely designed around the project itself and my personal experience in the past. I was hopping discipline at the time. But I talked about how my previous job enabled me to develop the skill set suitable for this one.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to apply for this job (because I was hopping discipline at the time, so this is actually a very relevant question)?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loughborough University.

Interview

Was interviewed by two senior lecturers. Technical and personal questions were asked. A tour was given to demonstrate how they worked as an organisation and to give a flavour of what things would be like working there.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard presentation on research interests, what you can bring to the school, how you want to develop a research portfolio in the future and what your key research skills are. Followed by a panel interview of about 40 mins and a tour of the facilities. Very example based questioning- STAR is a good response format in these situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loughborough University in January 2011.

Interview

the hiring process was easy just send in the application and wait for the response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loughborough University in August 2008.

Interview

I applied for the post online and then I was interviewed over telephone. I also had to take IELTS test for my English proficiency.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about optical rotation sensor and then later on asked questions on optics in general.   Answer Question