Lovepop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lovepop Interview Questions

Interviews at Lovepop

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lovepop in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. First step was a phone screen with the recruiter. Some of the behavioral questioning seemed over the top. However the recruiter stated that they were looking for culture fit, he really enjoyed our conversation so I was referred to the hiring manager. Had a phone screen with the tech lead of a team. Spoke about my experience. Was given a take home assignment. You are encouraged to only spend 1-2 hours on it. When I received feedback on my code, the tech lead pointed out a couple of flaws. I was not invited to come onsite for an interview. Honestly I wouldn't bother applying, take home assignments are a gimmick and the mark of a good software engineer is the ability to work as a team to solve problems not code the perfect solution on your own.

Interview Questions

• Pick one

1)Design a service that can ingest a user's current shopping cart and return a list of suggestions for discounts, deals, or upsells that the front-end can then decide to show or not based on various A|B testing strategies.

2A centerpiece of our 3D Custom Card Design system is an engine that allows us to parameterize design files by parsing those files and outputting "variables", which represent content in the file that can be substituted. For this challenge, we would like you to develop a simple module to perform basic variable extraction and substitution for an SVG file.

3)For this challenge you will build a system to ensure appropriate facilitation of order fulfillment given a set of prioritization logic.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lovepop (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview initially followed by in person interview. Very nice and very professional yet approachable! Interviews are nerve wracking but I felt pretty comfortable. In person interview involved a brief computer task and critique on existing designs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

High standards that aren't relevant to the actual role. The hiring manager is nice but there are better ways of evaluating candidates than making them develop entire SPAs. They ended up changing the role but it seems they're offering a low end salary.

Interview Questions

• Test project was to develop the game Othello using a modern JS framework with functional game logic   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lovepop (Boston, MA).

Interview

The recruiting process seemed pretty efficient up until the end. I came in for an on-site interview and I thought it went pretty well. After the on-site I never heard from the company again. I had followed up numerous times and never heard a peep. A simple no would have been sufficient. It seems extremely unprofessional and disrespectful of someones time to bring a candidate on-site and never give them a follow up answer in the end. I'd recommend a better and more organized recruiting process for this team in the future.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lovepop (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was scouted by their in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. He was a pleasure to deal with and did a good job explaining the role, culture, and current business strategy at Lovepop. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was even more motivated to continue with the interviewing process because he was smart yet easy to talk to and sounded like someone I'd love to work with. If you want to be challenged and do rewarding work, Lovepop sounds like the place for you.

I was asked to do a homework assignment to see if I would make it to the in-person step. I was given a week to complete it, and it was very straightforward. Both the recruiter and hiring manager did a good job of checking in with me on where I was at and seeing if I had questions. I'm disappointed I didn't get to move forward in the hiring process, but the interviewing process itself was very good. Not all recruiters and hiring managers are this good at transparency and frequent communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you incorporate UX testing into the product lifecycle.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lovepop (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Indeed. They got back to me quickly and I was called into their downtown office for an in-person interview followed up by a phone interview with another area manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the workplace is super busy and vice versa, when it's very slow?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lovepop (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and someone from LovePop got back to me within a few days. I was invited in for a face-to-face interview for the next week. The interview was brief, maybe about 15 minutes at the most, and I was hired on the spot.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lovepop (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a in person interview with several key staff. The interviewers were friendly and accomodating and offered a glass of water. They introduced several key people from the business.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lovepop in November 2018.

Interview

Very quick process. The recruiter was super friendly and respectful. There was a phone screen with the recruiter and a data exercise. The data exercise was time consuming and the instructions were vague but the recruiter provided helpful feedback which was very appreciated.

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lovepop in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted about three weeks after applying online for a half hour phone interview. Like a few other reviews said, they started out by asking what questions I had for them. Overall the interview was laid back and more like a conversation. The interviewer then told me he would send me a written assignment to show my writing ability, and that since they are a small company they would be able to get back to me right away after I sent it in. In terms of a deadline, he said, "Whenever you think it's perfect," which, if you're a writer, you know that's not a thing. I imagine this "no deadline" deadline was a test to see how quickly I would get it back to them. The assignment had several components, so I took a little less than a week to finish it (I have done written assignments as part of an interview process, and had been given a week's time in the past, so this seemed perfectly reasonable.) I have not heard from them since, even after sending a follow up email a week later.