Luminant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Luminant Interview Questions

2.8

AccountingPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luminant (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

As a subsidiary from Energy Future Holdings, the internship process is quite long since you have to go through both companies for the interviews. I had a total of 5 interviews. The first was with the HR representative, then with a partner, followed by the 3 other partners and then lunch with a controller and a recent partner who had gotten a promotion. The interviews are quite lengthy as compared to other firms I've interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Energy Future Holdings?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that you regret and if you had to go back how would you change it?   Answer Question

Reliability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Luminant (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a group interview where I sat opposite 7 or 8 people on the team. Sounds intimidating, but it went well. Anyone was encouraged to ask me questions, which I fielded well enough. Initially, I spoke with the hiring manager. Then, he brought in the rest of the team. I was not expecting to address a group, so it was a surprise to me, but I handled it OK.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy since it was a contract position. The payrate was fixed for the position.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luminant.

Interview

Simple over-the-phone interview process. Normal interview questions discussing how you handled different struggles working as a team, involving conflict resolution and leadership. No technical questions. The recruiters value getting your thought process together as opposed to senseless talking. Once the first interview was finished the offer was extended within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go against the rules to complete a task.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Luminant.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone, good questions-mostly the stereotypical questions. The paperwork was the most difficult part, hard to be thoroughly checked and trained before being able to head to work at the plant. Probably had to fill out 10 different forms, and that's before the training started.

Interview Questions

Wanted more experience close to school and home (in Missouri).

Senior Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Luminant (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a management representative, an HR representative and the department director. It was a nine question interview with ample opportunity to discuss the job and respond/ask questions. It covered experience, education, experience and certifications. Each interviewer asked a different question and after every answer, my answers were discussed with me.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

This company will hire interns during refueling outages for temporary labor. Good way to get your foot in the door. They also have a college program if you go into one of the fields they need

Interview Questions

• Lots of canned of the shelf questions. Study ANY generic interview guide and you'll do well. They do have a "placement" exam to make certain you can do math and are familiar with some science.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union plant for the most part.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Luminant.

Interview

I did a phone interview after the initial face to face contact with a campus recruiter. Got an offer a couple weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luminant in September 2012.

Interview

Met them at the career fair and they set me up for an interview right away.

Reclamation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kosse, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luminant (Kosse, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

A phone interview with multiple managers and executives asked questions focused on previous experience and projects. I received a call back the next day telling me they wanted to fly me out for an onsite interview and dinner. The following day we visited the job site and saw all the activities that would go into the job. Within a few days a got the call extending an offer, but it was to a location that was not desirable for my situation. They were very willing to work with me on alternate locations and understood the concern, but were unable to come up with a solution that fit my needs and the company so I decided to decline the offer and accept an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of computer based engineering programs have you worked with?   1 Answer

The location was not where we wanted to live.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luminant (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with HR and team members serving. While they went textbook it didn't sell the company as it was very canned and I don't think they sell themselves as they could. I knew people in the company already so it was easy and I was interested but they sell themselves short on what they have to offer as they were much nicer once I started. Don't feel they thought out - HR and plant didn't seem to be together on the process, like you're trying to serve two different needs.

Interview Questions

• HR was textbook behavioral interview questions - no personality   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, I didn't ask.