LyondellBasell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.8

Analytical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen asked basic questions like "When would you be able to start?" "What's your absolute minimum salary requirements?" "Why Lyondell?" etc... Lasted about 15 minutes.

Two days later I received an email to schedule an interview.

On the day of the interview I entered the building, watched a safety video. Then there was an hour long interview with the hiring manager that was really laid back. He mostly went over resume stuff, answered questions and you could tell he was really just trying to get a feel for who you are.
    Then there was a panel interview with six people in the department. They were all really laid back and laughed and joked and did their best to make it seem like it was just a conversation. Come prepared with questions. Toward the end of the hour long panel interview, my throat was dry, I was out of questions, and didn't know what I may have left out.

Then came a lab tour. It was scheduled for 30 minutes, but it lasted for over an hour. At each station one of the people at the panel interview would describe the area and ask if you have any questions. I couldn't really think of anything to say so I just kept replying "no".

It's been two weeks, and still haven't heard anything back so I'm assuming I won't be receiving an offer as the hiring manager needed people to start right away.

Overall, it was a relaxing interview and I left feeling really excited about the company.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out then set up a screening call then set up a phone call with people from hiring department. Received rejection notice 3 weeks later. It seemed like they were just testing the market.

Interview Questions

• No challenging questions. Strange interview - the gentlemen spent most of the time telling me how easy it was to find qualified people from oil and gas in Houston. I am from the North East and know pharma tolling.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was meant to be an hour long. However, the interview went half an hour over. The setting was very calm and relaxed. The questions were all behavioral and the interaction was very smooth. Did not feel rushed or nervous. Felt as if I was actually interviewing the company for whether it is the right place for me or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use technical skills to work on a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. The process took about 4 to 6 weeks . My Interview was standard, with mainly behavioral questions. It did not take love my to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which a conflict arose with one of your co-workers.   Answer Question

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiters were very nice and easy to ge along with. I attended a recruiting dinner/informational a couple of weeks before the interview. Interview was on campus, about an hour long. Questions were behavioral based questions, and very standard. No technical questions, as it was an intern position. Overall, it was a very positive experience and I would recommend the company to students looking for employment.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to overcome an obstacle with a team.   Answer Question

Commodity Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

Standardo interview process. It included peers and HR were the two componets of the interview. It was primarily behavior based questioning. They write very interested in understanding my interst.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied through my university's career assistance center, interviewed, and got an offer a week later. The interview was laid-back and pretty easy. I was asked a few behavioral questions, and we had a conversation about my background and other experiences. The interview shouldn't be too hard if you're comfortable talking about yourself and your experience working in teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exercised leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with someone in your group.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

After talking to LYB at my campus recruiting event, I received an interview for sometime soon after. There were various STAR-method questions that interviewer had to ask in his paperwork, but the majority of the time was taken up with conversation. Many of my coworkers had the same experience, though some had interviews as short as 15 minutes while mine was an nearly 90 minutes long.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied for an interview through my university. The interviewee was a chemical engineer and was very knowledgable and polite. He asked me entirely behavioral questions and questions about my resume. My recruiter was very open to accommodating my geographic and technical preferences, so have in mind what role you would like before the interview. I received the phone call that I would receive an offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve a technical problem without having all the necessary information?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer - Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in February 2016.

Interview

I acquired an interview after applying through my university. There was an info session for the applicants after interviews had been scheduled that described the company. The interview was behavioral. A manager interviewed me for about 30-45 minutes. About a week and half after the interview, the same manager called me to give me a verbal offer and talk about the position a little before the official offer came the next day.