LyondellBasell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.8

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had 1 HR phone interview first then invited to a phone interview with the hiring manager and then 1 in-person interview with multiple team members. It was a smooth, typical process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical sourcing event that you would run through   1 Answer
    • Other source of value besides $   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online through my college careers website and got emailed requesting me to sign up for an interview. Interview was 45 minutes with a lot of questions about my past experiences with teams and projects and past successes and failures. Heard back within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were given constructive criticism and how you handled receiving the criticism   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

Met on campus at career fair and went to their dinner that they hosted. Went in for an interview on campus and heard back from them after a week. Suppposed to take two weeks but only took one.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

The interview process started off with personal questions and easy questions about my resume. Then we transitioned into more interview type questions. The interviewer was very personable and easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were criticized and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you changed a policy or procedure to be more efficient   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, they just want to get to know you. They do not ask hard brain teaser questions that put you on the spot. They simply want to know how you are as a person and how you respond to simple behavioral questions.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

At a national conference for an engineering society, I received an interview on site. Both the initial recruiters and the hiring manager were so genuine, open and intelligent. I heard back in 2 weeks.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called as part of a large set of interviews, was put in a room one on one with one of their recruiters. We did a 30 minute interview but they had time and allowed me to ask several questions at the end about the process and what would be happening in the future. It was relatively nice and not too stressful. I was called as a "secondary" candidate if that is helpful, but I don't think it made much of a difference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with someone and what you did to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed. The person I interviewed with was an upper-level manager, but he was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. The interview was only behavioral and situational questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you recently solved and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with someone else while working in a group and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in September 2017.

Interview

Met at campus fair, applied online and offered campus interview ~1 month later. After that interview, still no word from them 4 months later. Interview itself was pretty standard format; 30 minute tell me about yourself followed by 30 minutes of case scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate the first few years on a rotational program?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Jackson, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very organized. Met with six managers in two different group interviews. All questions were behavior based questions "tell me about a time when . . ." The interview started on time, ended on time and they were very well prepared. I have been in HR for 30 years and haven't seen an interview done this well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question