LyondellBasell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2018

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Channelview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Channelview, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied for an Operator internship @ the Channelview, TX location. Received a call about a month later for a 1-on-1 interview with employee. It was basically a "get to know you" type of interview. Interviewer said he liked my responses and explained thoroughly what was expected of you if hired on for the internship position. Never made it to the 2nd interview. Wish they'd at least follow up and tell you instead of having you wait. I was told I'd receive a call within a few weeks, whereas other people received a call for the 2nd interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you had to work in an unsafe environment and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in February 2018.

Interview

It was a one-on-one onsite campus interview. My interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview was 30 minutes of behavioral questions and time at the end for me to ask questions. They took a bit longer than they said they would to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you applied a concept you learned in class to an out-of-class situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to teach a concept to a person/ group of people that were not knowledgeable on the subject.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

At our career fair, I was invited to a dinner with the recruiting engineers. After the dinner, they called to offer me an interview on-campus the next week. I accepted, and the next week we met in a tiny room at my college. The interview questions were highly behavioral and the engineers interviewing me were very awkward. I have interviewed with many companies and this was the first time I walked out of the interview NOT wanting to work for said company.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw this _____ (model of robot) from the project you've been talking about? The drawing does not need to be great, but explain it to me like I am the mechanic that has to put this together.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had 1 HR phone interview first then invited to a phone interview with the hiring manager and then 1 in-person interview with multiple team members. It was a smooth, typical process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical sourcing event that you would run through   1 Answer
    • Other source of value besides $   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied, got invite to testing, got invite for COBRA, then interview. whole process took 3 months from applying to interview. They used a staffing agency for the whole process, but the agency was great and I had no issues.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online through my college careers website and got emailed requesting me to sign up for an interview. Interview was 45 minutes with a lot of questions about my past experiences with teams and projects and past successes and failures. Heard back within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were given constructive criticism and how you handled receiving the criticism   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

Met on campus at career fair and went to their dinner that they hosted. Went in for an interview on campus and heard back from them after a week. Suppposed to take two weeks but only took one.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview

The interview process started off with personal questions and easy questions about my resume. Then we transitioned into more interview type questions. The interviewer was very personable and easy to connect with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were criticized and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you changed a policy or procedure to be more efficient   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LyondellBasell in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, they just want to get to know you. They do not ask hard brain teaser questions that put you on the spot. They simply want to know how you are as a person and how you respond to simple behavioral questions.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

At a national conference for an engineering society, I received an interview on site. Both the initial recruiters and the hiring manager were so genuine, open and intelligent. I heard back in 2 weeks.