M-I SWACO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Personal one on one with minimal questions. Explained job detail. Interview with local manager. They ensure no criminal record and must have good driving record. The application itself was rather long and redundant. Had to fill it out twice due to them losing the first. Make copies of the first one. Watch out for what you sign.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with manager and discussed role. Then met with Operations manager and talked about role expectations as well as business in general and about potential customer that i would be dealing with on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• Asked for written response to why wanted to work for MI   1 Answer

Negotiation

Higher salary. The process was fairly typical. No movement on vacation so higher salary was offered

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Very relaxed and simple interview. Felt welcomed.

Environmental Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Harvey, LA) in February 2012.

Interview

A couple one on one interviews with a math and skills assessment and a drug screen. Very basic and standard for the oil and gas industry. There was nothing unexpected or different with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any particular questions, just what did I expect as far as work, schedules, and compensation.   1 Answer

Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Anchorage, AK) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly thorough. This is not a typical oil field job as it can be more physically demanding than others. During the process, I completed a total of 2 interviews. One was done to, I assume, size me up, and the second completed a week later that was a bit more formal.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any problem moving a great number of 50 lb sacks.   1 Answer

Field Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at M-I SWACO.

Interview

it can take a while to get the back ground check in. you will be called to the main facility and there you will be asked about you back ground as far as experience goes and your personal expectations of the company. If you do well here, you will probably be hired after the drug screening process. Then you will need to fill out the pre employment application in which will take about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• do you want to make this your career?   1 Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

If you want to work for any schlumberger company I would recommend applying to one of their field camps. I met a recruiter at a job fair and she told me to apply, I then had to have an interview with two guys to get accepted. The field camp was really good and educational and by the end of it you will know the recruiters well enough that a final interview is not really necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self
      Give us some examples of times at (previous jobs) where you where you overcame a problem.
      It says on your resume you have experience doing (task), can you tell us more about it.
      Examples of leadership experience   Answer Question

Drilling Fluids Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Tulsa, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Same as other flew to Tulsa went for a run around the golf coarse made some new friends. The other candidates really are not your competition there are plenty of segments to choose from. You will sit thru a class the secon day and will learn all about the other segments prior to the tour then what everyone waits for the locations. Good eperiamce recruiters are very friendly and managers put up with same ignorant questions over and over again do them a favor and research some before going it might help you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Share with everyone your magyver moment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Your able to change your segment nothing is set in stone till the interview so have an open mind you'll be working really long hours.

Drilling Fluids Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Come in 3 different times. First is a meet and greet. Second was a test to take for competency. Third was more or less if you got the job or not. Fairly light and not much out of the blue (other than the test).

Interview Questions

• Having a family, are you willing to be away for weeks at a time?   1 Answer

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M-I SWACO (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went through a recruiting firm and was hired as a contractor. The contract period isn't the same length for everyone, it just depends on the manager. Not all departments do contract-to-hire. The interview was arranged by the headhunter. The interviewer was the manager. It was your standard interview with a call back "we want you as a contractor". After the contract period, they make you file employee paperwork so that you are finally a legit employee instead of the red-headed stepchild contractor.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was entrly-level, so there really wasn't any negotiation.