MARTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.4

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line, about 2 weeks later, got a call in the morning for an interview a week later. Met with 2 managers who had the most canned interview I have ever see in my life. They both had a stapled multi-page questionairre that they were clearly pressured to fill out in detail. It did not feel right. It felt too legal and strange. The top manager was obviously not at all interested in me, by background, my experience or my portfolio, was ONLY interested in filling out the extensive form in front of him. I felt like I was wasting my time and energy. At the end during my Q&A he interuppted me during my first question and cut off the whole interview. I was very polite, spoke professionally, and was truly disturbed I had wasted any time getting excited about this job.

Interview Questions

• Actually asked my opinion of colors, along withh the usual canned questions such as what are your strengths, weaknesses, areas to imrove etc. Whole interview was so canned it was painful.   1 Answer

Configuration Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Pretty simple and common process. Most employees come in through various contract positions first. HR took quite awhile to close out things and getting proper paperwork to me. Once the interview was scheduled everything went pretty quickly from there. Panel style interview and various questions from everyone. Opportunity to ask questions at the end and time to elaborate on your individual skill set.

Interview Questions

• What are you best qualities?   1 Answer

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MARTA in June 2016.

Interview

A panel of 5 people will interview you, including recruitment manager. They will ask you scenario-based questions and how you you handle them as a current or potential officer. The process was fast, as I've heard it takes long for the recruitment process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone with two people for 15-20 mins, No in-person interview. Hiring process was short and simple. The orientation took only a day including other interns from different departments. We got the badges and breeze cards. People are nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How is the ideal position for you? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After numerous interviews I received a rejection letter from their applicant tracking system. They couldn't even bother to call or send a personalized email. This is disappointing due the time spent on the interviews.
    After reviewing the company further, I found that they have a very toxic work environment and I'm glad I wasn't selected.

Bus Operator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MARTA.

Interview

Applied online, took an online customer service test, called to take a 50 question video test, then called for an actual interview. Entire process takes 4-6 weeks and you have to stay up to date on the recruitment website and constant contact with recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If you are at a traffic light and it turns green when would you not proceed?   3 Answers
    • What do you think are good qualifications for a good employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For start to finish it takes 4-6 weeks to get hired.

Mobility Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

A panel interview. With recruiter asking questions and two department assistant superintendents as well as another Marta upper management person sitting in writing notes for your answers to interview questions. They will be common questions. Be confident and to the point. Make sure you speak from experience and advise you are flexible because this is a requirement for this position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked in a customer service role and had to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting is about the same for everyone in this role. Some short negotiations.

Station Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and maybe two weeks later I received a phone call for an interview. I went in for the interview, there were three other candidates there as well although we did do our interviews separately. There were two interviewers and they asked mainly questions regarding customer service. They were really nice and made the process easy and smooth.

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MARTA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. Within a few days, I was invited for a phone interview. A few days after that, I received an email which asked me when I could start. The entire process was very easy. I don't think anyone else applied.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MARTA.

Interview

Two-stage interview process. Initially with a three person panel, whereby top candidates move on to a one-on-one with the hiring manager. It is a very formal process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the greatest challenge that you foresee in this position and how you intend to overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very formal process through Human Resources. I made a counteroffer after reviewing the Annual MARTA Oversight Committee Report that lists all employee salaries.