MARTA Police Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at MARTA Police

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MARTA Police (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview took about 30 minutes in total. Before they interview you they ask you to sign paperwork about being able to comply with their uniform policy. Then they ask you to write a one page essay about why you want to work for MARTA Police. The steps in the interview process are as follows. Interview, polygraph, 1st psych/personality test ( at this point you will be given a conditional offer of employment, then 2nd Psych eval. After you pass all of these from my understanding they send your packet up to be approved by the chief then, take the medical and physical tests. Every time you complete a step if they pass you will usually get a call the next day . I believe i passed the second psych interview. and its going on two weeks since ive heard anything from them im guessing they are sending my file up for review for the chief.

Interview Questions

• would you be comfortable if needed using a firearm and taking someones life( something like that)   1 Answer

CJIT/Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at MARTA Police in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job in November 2015. A few weeks later, I was contacted to taken an assessment. I passed and was asked to apply (HS diploma, the paper application, birth certificate). I was told that the application process could take up to six months. WRONG. Nine months later, I was finally contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you're qualified for the job?

If you witnessed a robbery, how would you describe what happened?   Answer Question

Marta Police Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MARTA Police (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email, maybe two weeks later, telling me that I had an interview the following week. Went to the interview, had to fill out some paperwork before that was about clothing, grooming, and tattoos, or their "general orders". They took a picture of me. They called me in. I had an interview with four people. Only one person asked questions while the others took notes and listened. Was told that there will be a polygraph the next week. After that should be two psych evaluations. So far, just waiting to take my polygraph.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How did you handle a confrontation? Do you feel comfortable holding a gun and maybe taking someone's life? How do you handle an on the spot situation? If you are at a party and people were doing drugs, what would you do? If you and your partner handcuffed an individual and your partner pepper sprayed them, what would you do? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Manager of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MARTA Police (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Negotiation

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MARTA Police (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communication with HR Dept was professional and prompt. Interview was scheduled soon after applying. Interview was on time and comfortable. FIve persons including HR participated. Questions were probing but manageable. A lot of paperwork was needed and completed after interview. However, never heard back--not even an email to say no thanks, we chose another.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult persons (in various situations)?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult situations (in various scenarios)   Answer Question

Help Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MARTA Police in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in Feb of 2011 with a panel of 4. The scheduled time was 1pm. The interviewers trickled in one at a time after 1pm. I waited over 20mins before the panel was in attendance and ready to begin. The interview process was NOT intimidating as I was annoyed at their tardiness and lack of considerance. At the conclusion of the interview I asked when their process would be complete and when I would hear something back. I was guaranteed a response by the end of the week as the interview took place on Monday. To this day, I've heard NOTHING back and followed up two times. Very Unprofessional.