MAT Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAT Holdings Interview Questions

Catalog Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Had found the job on an industry specific website; send in my resume and got a call literally within hours. Talked to the HR guy, he asked salary requirements, moved it up the line, called me back within 3 hours to set up an interview.

Was told I'd fit for another opening as well and met with 3 sets of people. One it was straight forward talking about experience and challenges the job brings. The second was going over the resume with a fine tooth comb had me explain everything; that was for the alternate position; the third was the boss of the others. Did not have many questions, will discuss with staff. Had me sign background check and drug testing papers.

Received a follow up email, the next day that the interview went really well and haven't heard anything after that. (Background check would have been ok - just received my FOID card; have a high FICO score, never submitted anything for a drug test)

Overall: Was put into a small conference room had to wait a little there, the process took about 3 hours no offer of any refreshment (water/coffee) etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MAT Holdings.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the company recruiter. Did not ask alott of questions.Was pretty much just interested in finding out my salary requirements. Then meet with 2 VP's. One seem obsessed with making sure I knew they only flew coach when traveling. Then heard nothing for 2 months. Then called me back to interview with a few more employees and the same VP's again. All interviewing was in the lobby conf room. Almost like they did not want me to see the offices. May support some statements by others about the offices. Would not have mattered to me anyways.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed challenging and job related about what I have done and how I would make certain decisions. No behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL).

Interview

Three one on one interviews across levels of management. Thorough overview of the organization and its history. Heavily focused on behavioral questions and going over major points on the resume. Very relaxed atmosphere and didn't seem to be too serious or uptight. Two days later there was a similar second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most important aspect of a new hire if you were in my seat?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

phone screening at frist, and then followed by 1st interview with department manager, and then the 2nd interview with the VP. Questions are very basic, but would ask you to do a skill test, which also is not hard.

Inventory Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I had been there for this position, office looked decent and the person who interviewed me explained me about the company very well. He asked me few basic question about my back ground and was very kind

Manager Interview

Interview

Not impressive

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Went back and forth with numerous emails and telephone calls. Took days, even weeks sometimes to hear back from the company. Finally got an interview and it took 4 hours with 4 people. Took almost four months from the first telephone call to my starting day. Everybody asked the same questions and each of them described a small bit of the company. The job and company culture described was not accurate.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy, nothing was unexpected, other than the fact the job described by HR was ot an accurate description of the expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a sign-on bonus and increased salary.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call for an interview the day after I faxed in my resume to apply for the position. My first interview was the following Monday and lasted about an hour. The manager of the department interviewed me and asked about 20 questions. I sent a follow-up email after the interview and within about 2 days I received a call for a second interview. Also scheduled that for the following Monday. The second interview took about an hour and a half and consisted of 20 more questions, and a skills test. The skills test took place in the managers office with the manager present. It was a little nerve-wracking but I was happy she was there to answer questions I had. She told me she would call by that Friday to let me know. I got a call the following Tuesday to inform me that they had chosen me for the position.

Interview Questions

• If it were a Friday afternoon and a project came up that had to be finished by 8am on Monday, but you had plans that night, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get a chance to negotiate anything, but I was happy with the offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of questions, be prepared to come back for a second interview for more questions! Manager was a bit hard to read, not sure how the interview was going. Happy that I called back with an offer the very next day. The process went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MAT Holdings (Long Grove, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

you interview with company execs in a one on one setting. You will meet your perspective boss, and two executives from your area usually all in one day. They post jobs on very public boards, also they work with recruiters. I was brought in through a head hunter. My expectation for pay was in line with what they expected. I interviewed twice, once on a Monday initially. Then again on a Wednesday to go over everything and pass the background check and drug test. I was offered the position that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of wearing multiple hats during the day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate with vacation days or benefits. Salary ranges are strict, and in line with a small company. It is easiest to go through a head hunter if at all possible as this company has tendencies to bully people during negotiations.