MBS Textbook Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2018

2.6

InSite Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people, uncomfortably small room. Basic politeness was used. The guy who was lowest in rank, was somewhat combative in asking me to readdress what I had already stated. He was not professional, just waiting for the chance to trip up my answer it seemed. I turned down the job because I would be working with him.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. First one was with an HR employee, it was very straightforward, was more a review of the company, why I applied, if I would be a good fit for the position. Second interview was with a supervisor and employee, this was more of them asking me questions. Fairly basic interview questions for the most part. Very nice people though, and really easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They are big on using Microsoft Excel and Office, so they want to assure you know how to use it or are able to learn. It'd be best to give an example of when you ever used it.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange.

Interview

Short and very casual. Mostly one interview with your potential department supervisor. No relate office or room to go to when i was interviewed which felt weird. I did have to take a small test to further show my computer knowledge which wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your computer work experience? Microsoft office?   Answer Question

Web Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly informal, I talked a recruiter at a job fair, told her I was looking for a summer internship. A week later I got a call and came in for an interview. At the interview we went over my resume. After a couple weeks without a response I emailed them. They called me the next day and offered me the internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. My interest and passion was assessed by the VP of Human Resources, from there I was forwarded to supervisor in charge of analytics and there was asked about my knowledge regarding some of their systems and the new system they want to implement. Then my ability to contribute to that was assessed.

Shelver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO).

Interview

It is easy to get a job during the temp seasons. They need a lot of people and many people know it's a trap. You can apply online, and you get a group interview. It isn't hard at all, they don't really care who works for them for the temp seasons.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school now, or planning on going to school in the near future?   Answer Question

POS QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange in January 2015.

Interview

There have been two interviews so far in this process.

The first was with the VP of Human Resources, Jerome Rader. This interview was a typical meet 'n; greet, in which Mr. Rader talked about the company, their scope of operations, and the general working environment. I think the objective was to get a personal feel for the applicant, and to ensure that the applicants salary expectations are in line with the what the company is offering.

If everything looks favorable, the applicant may be offered a second interview with the hiring manager, in this case Pat Pellock, Director of Systems Development for MBS Systems. This interview was also a meet 'n' greet, with only a little more technical content. What impressed me most about Ms. Pellock was that she (and Mr. Rader) genuinely believed that MBS TExtbook Exchange has a family-like atmosphere, where people work in a collegial manner to support the goals of the company.

When I asked the question "What would constitute success in this position?", she gave me the most astute answer I have ever heard a manager reply: "A person will be a success in this position shen the other members of the team trust and respect the person enough to go to him/her for advice." Other managers might give a long list of specific skill masteries, but Ms. Pellock was focused on team cohesiveness, assuming that skill mastery is only one part of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Ms. Pellock did ask the old stand-by "What is your greatest weakness."   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange.

Interview

Process for me was a phone interview, then a one on one with a director then with the hiring manager. It took about three days to get past the recruiter / HR and in the building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not provide a writing sample when you applied? We would like to see a writing sample.   1 Answer

Temporary Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call to schedule an interview. The interview was with three other applicants. We were told what we would be doing, given a tour of the library, and asked if we still wanted the position. This was in May 2013 (Glassdoor only goes to 2014).

Interview Questions

• Do you still want the job after seeing where you will work?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MBS Textbook Exchange (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about the company so make sure you do research and stroke their ego a little bit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not good. They did not negotiate at all.