MDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MDA (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. First with a recruiter who asked me about myself and told me about the interviewing process. Then a technical one with a software engineer- he asked me over the phone about my work history and then just gave me examples of different scenarios and how I would address them

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the company, and how much I knew   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Pasadena, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial contact and phone conversation were smooth and congenial. I was able to schedule an in-person interview within two weeks of initial contact. Shortly after arriving for my interview I discovered that the person with whom I had been conversing was suddenly no longer with the company and I would not be meeting with them (obviously). This concerned me somewhat and I could not get an answer from anyone regarding this sudden, seemingly unplanned departure.

A succession of one-on-one interviews lasted for the greater portion of the day. They graciously treated me to a wonderful lunch. Most people that I spoke with were nice and candid with their feedback. Work sounded interesting and I was definitely excited about the opportunity and how well the process was going. However, the last person with whom I meant was from a different organization (SSL) and was starkly different than everyone else with whom I had spoken. I seemed to immediately not fit the mold that this person had in mind for this position and my answers did little to dissuade them from their preconceived notions about me.

So despite what I felt were positive interactions with at least six other people within MDA (and two remotely via WebEx) along with a good reference from someone who had worked there, I was not offered the position. In fact, I was never contacted by anyone at MDA again. After several weeks of silence, I reached out to the HR person with whom I had scheduled the interview to solicit some feedback. Even if they didn't want to hire me, I was genuinely interested in hearing what they had to say. She never replied. This silence was quite surprising to me and struck me as unprofessional for an organization of this caliber. This was not at all what I had expected based on my research of MDA US.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation within your team.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview with standard interview questions and some about threading. This was followed up by a 3 hour in house interview which consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews with the team. Interview questions were again very standard questions involving sorting and classes and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Perform a transformation to an image that is too large to fit in memory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. The phone interview was set up by a recruiter who called and asked if I was interested. The phone interview was with two people. Then the in-person interview was with several people, all were just trying to find out my skill set to see if it aligned with the job position. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• No trick question, just got to know me and I got to know about the company   Answer Question

Software Dev Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA in April 2019.

Interview

Chaotic over webcam without a way to type/share screen. Interviewers always trying to oversimplify and look down upon my projects (calling GAN networks "find and present from sample"). "Technical questions" are mostly brain twisters and has nothing to do with the job posting.

Interview Questions

• How do you use "foreign key" in a select statement?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Worst company ever to interview with, to a point where if recruiters call me for a job i say i will be open to anywhere but MDA. Know several people who had a very similar experience. They can't make up thier minds and string you along, hoping for better.

Had 3 progressivly higher interviews. Then told i had the job but the hr person was on vacation. Then her manager was on vacation, etc. Etc. While waiting for what was suposedly the offer, new recruiter calls me for same job. When called them on it non-respinsive. 4 weeks later third recruiter calls for same job.

Friend interviews for same job 5 months later with 4th recruiter promised job and also didn't work out for same reasons.....stay away! Not worth your time.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their HR rep for an initial phone interview. After that, I was scheduled for an onsite interview consisting of three phases:

1) Interview with team members. - This interview was technical, seeing if I had the qualifications and skills they were looking for.

2) Interview with the potential future boss. - This interview was more about seeing if I would be a good fit for the role and the company.

3) Interview with HR. Standard HR interview here.

My only objection to the process is that even after making it to the in-person triple interview phase, I was never contacted to let me know I didn't get the job. There was simply a stone-wall silence from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you set up your code to <insert standard technical procedure here>? I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable giving away their specific question. I was allowed to answer using pseudo-code.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MDA (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

15 minute HR interview with standard HR questions ("Why do you want to work at MDA?" "I notice your resume says x, can you give an example?" "Do you have any questions for me?". I passed this round and went on to a series of three 45-minute interviews with different teams at MDA, all evaluating me for their own projects. This is where all the technical questions came up.

Interview Questions

• Technical interviewers combed through all the details of my resume and got me to talk about everything. There was a C++ bug hunt and small algorithm challenge. There were lots of point blank technical questions about databases, various C++ data structures, stuff like that. Overall it was challenging but I felt they took it easy on me because the position is intended for people fresh out of school.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Started out with a basic phone interview. Was invited for an interview the next week. It consisted of 3 people asking questions, mostly about past experience, schooling, and some skills testing.

Interview Questions

• Describe/explain one of your past projects.   1 Answer
    • Write a factorial function (both recursive and iterative)   1 Answer
    • Count the number of bits that are set to '1' in an int, using bitwise operators.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Overall, this was a very upsetting and unprofessional experience.

After a phone screening with HR, they invited me for an in-house interview which lasted 3 hours. I had a panel of 3 interviewers. They will analyze your basic understanding of C++ or Java.

They ask about your projects and question the choices you made in them. I typically have no problem with this. However, the panel of interviewers were very unprofessional. When I asked what were some improvements they could suggest the answer one of the panelists gave me was "It's too late now".

Interview Questions

• Given object oriented code: what are some issues/ problems / improvements you can find in this?   1 Answer
    • I was shown a function declaration and ask how I would test it.   1 Answer