MEDCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MEDCO

1.7

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MEDCO (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Ask if I could weld and what type of welding I had done took a welding test was offered the job the same day wanted me to start BV the next day I found pay was very low for the job and absolutely no benefits and many overtime

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MEDCO in April 2012.

Interview

Multiple days with multiple staff. One meeting wit he. All in conference rooms. No interviewers were dressed up. Super business casual attire only. They seemed pleasant and gave the impression they were eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• Very generic, basic questions. Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses. For a writer position I think they were just checking for competence and that my personality would blend.   Answer Question

Interview

All hiring for this company is done through a temp agency. They required a lot of background information as well as written proof of all things like education, dates of previous employment, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hourly rate m is preset and non-negotiable.

Assistant Warehouse Manager/Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MEDCO (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the corporate recruiter, the following week I had an interview with the warehouse manager. This was probably the best interview I've ever been on, in the beginning. The Manager felt like family in conversation. I was able to provide a ton of tips on space management and process improvement. Over the hour and 21 minutes including a tour with the manager I noticed the workers seemed downtrodden, not a smile in the whole place. I was let in on how he fired a guy recently and had plans to fire another. The last portion of the interview was spent 1/2 & 1/2 lean management kpi watching to crack the whip and more questions. According to the manager it's a top preforming warehouse, so it's understandable.

The next day I get a call from the parent company United Stationers to set up a second interview with the higher ups. He was collecting notes on my experiences and starts off by saying "it seems you have no experience in warehousing." Talk about a slap in the face, apparently 8 years of warehousing management in the Air Force followed by warehousing for a company within the fortune 15 does not count? Continuing on I reiterated my experiences on my resume. He chooses to focus on my ancient Unix programming exp and starts trying to talk about their accounting program. This is where it hits me. The whse manager has a BA in Public relations and this guy wants to know tips on unix programming. Was I being led on to provide free consulting..? In the end I was told they would call in the next few days, two weeks later I get the standard thanks but no thanks email.

Interview Questions

• I think this is an OSHA violation.   1 Answer
    • Mind working Saturdays on top of a regular work week.   1 Answer
    • Many Industry specific questions that I will never go into full detail about again.   1 Answer