MJHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MJHS

2.7

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The first interview was conducted with the department head. After that, the candidate is interviewed by an HR personnel. During the interview process, computer aptitude with Excel and Microsoft is measured, Successful completion of the test is compulsory.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting with the company?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

First contacted by HR to discuss prior work experience, specifically in the health care industry. Some scenario-type behavioral questions asked, but nothing too difficult. After this interview, I met with two managers to discuss experience and further scenario questions [situation to show strength, weakness, problem employees].

Interview Questions

Salary expectations were not up to par with industry standards.

Appeals Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MJHS.

Interview

No stress interview, started on time. Entire interview with HR and department was a little under 2 hours in which they tell you ahead of time. Very professional staff.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult. "Tell me about yourself" is the question some find challenging because where do you start with that one.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

it was very easy. hr was nice and moved very quickly with the hiring process. receive a call from hr asked about my experiences and set up interview the following week. met with the hiring manger who was very laid back and super sweet. he wanted me to move on the next phase and meet the directer of marketing. directer was unable to meet with me that day and had to reschedule for another day. meeting directer was very intense was not prepared for the way he approach me.(be prepared know what your going to say and be positive and firm). after a brutal experience with the directer he suggested hr to move forward with the hiring.i received an offer letter later that day.

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MJHS.

Interview

I attended a recruiting event for the MJHS company. The interviewer often looked down as I was talking to her about why I desired to work for the company, I found this extremely rude and unprofessional. Prior to meeting with the interviewer, I was waiting over an hour to be seen. Although the recruiter gave me some great tips on improving my resume, overall the experience was time - consuming, and frustrating.

Interview Questions

MJHS Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for providing a review about your interview experience with us at MJHS. I am glad that you received great tips to improve your resume and appreciate that you took the time to talk about... More

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 individuals, the district sales manager and regional director of sales, both of whom like my interview and invited me to meet with the vp of sales. During the interview with vp, he kept chastising me about the duration of my work history, "why did you only stayed there for only 2 years, etc." Once the interview was over, he made no guarantees I would be hired. Several weeks went by, and again I was invited for another interview this time with a recruiter. After the interview the recruiter sent me an email requesting 5 references, that included 3 prior managers. At this stage in the process, I was convinced I was a 'shoe-in' for the job. I contacted my references, (all of which were happy to vouch for me) and submitted it to the recruiter. Several days go by without so much as a phone call from anyone in the company so I took the initiative and called the recruiter, who informed me that he was waiting on some feedback from the director of sales, that I needed to do nothing else and await a response. I waited several more weeks with no word for the anyone within that organization, I once again contacted them, this time the district sales manager (whom was very pleasant to talk too.) after taking several deep breaths, he finally said the company had decided to go with someone else!! I felt like someone punch me in the stomach! Why in the world would this company sucked me into thinking I had the job and then blow the air out of my bubble? As a final warning to any potential interviewee to this organization, do your homework about this company, don't fall into any false promises of employment. And most of all if you fall into the same trap I did, run away as fast as you can.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your jobs after only a short amount of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of HR and I have to see that's one lovely lady. I was a little nervous at first but she made me feel at ease and very comfortable. So I was able to answer her questions with a clear head. The questions were very engaging, back and forth communication. The process was not very long. As soon as I was medically cleared, I started.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want the job?
      Not unexpected or difficult, but if you don't know what you're interviewing for it's easy to mess up. The best advise I can give you is know what you're interviewing for. If you know and understand the job and you actually want to do it, the interview will go well!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered a good salary and with the benefits it was a no-brainer.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MJHS (New York, NY).

Interview

The process moved very quickly, applied, interviewed and hired in under 2 weeks. Interviewed with a Supervisor and Director and left feeling very happy about the experience. Both were very down to earth and welcoming. Not something you experience often.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

MJHS Response

Nov 7, 2017 – Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your review and we are very happy you were hired!

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit resume and called in for interview
    General nursing questions meet with upper nursing management. Not too stuffy easy especially if you have some experience. They like enthusiasm. They do hire without experience also.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MJHS (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone Screening, In person interview, and Reference Check. The overall interview is fair, you meet with a recruiter followed by 2 managers, if they are considering to move forward with your application you are asked to submitted 5 references 3 of which are previous or current managers. I felt the process was a waste of time, not only for me but also for the people who provided references. After references are submitted then your application is reviewed and a decision is made. As for salary, even if they know they cannot fulfill salary expectations they will still have you interview and offer you a salary outside of your expected salary range. Their reasoning is salaries are based off years of nursing experience. Word of advice, if a candidate will be offered a salary less than what was expected please do not let your candidates go through the full application process. Also please consider asking for references after the job is offered.