KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 147 of over 162 reviews

3.7
MJHS President and Chief Executive Officer Alexander Balko
Alexander Balko
Pros
  • "Great benefits and friendly work environment(in 15 reviews)

• "Good benefits, friendly people (staff & managers)(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is zero work life balance, management is very unorganized and the workload is high(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management does not care about employee concerns or job satisfaction(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Featured Review

Hi

Feb 2, 2021 - CMC in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

everybody is nice and helpful

Cons

can't think of one right now

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. Mary S. McCarthy BS, RN, AVP Human Resources.

2. 5.0

Care Management

Jul 8, 2021 - RN Care Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good place to work and great support teams

Cons

No con at this time

3. 4.0

Supportive Administration

Jul 20, 2021 - Registered Nurse in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have supportive administration, flexible hours.

Cons

lack of professional development, pay compared to other places in the city

4. 3.0

Passive Aggressive Managers

Jul 8, 2021 - Social Worker in Queens Village, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, trainings and serving families

Cons

Social Worker treated like CNA staff. Lack of Support from leadership. See something don’t say anything policy. Lack of skills of managers. Low standards.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture with Fair Workload

Oct 16, 2020 - Assessment Nurse in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

In these uncertain times the problems here are not specific to MJHS. Time will tell, but they have no laid off any of their nurses to date, which speaks well to their values. The caseload itself is very manageable once you get the hang of things. Like any job, it will take you 6 months to a year to 'master' the job. My supervisor is extremely respectful, kind, and organized. Not all supervisors are created equal, but it appears most are of the same quality. MJS has a 'e-mail culture'. You will typically get 50-70 emails per day. It was overwhelming for me initially but now I keep my mailbox clean throughout the day. I prefer this much more than a supervisor who calls you about every matter. If layoffs do happen, I would prefer to be re-assigned within MJHS. I love the culture here and the commitment to excellence.

Cons

When we were in the field, we could have used more assistance with RFS appointments. You can't schedule to far in advance because an RFS will blow up your schedule. There needs to be a better scheduling system if and when nurses have to return to the field. Maximus and mediciad is a complete mess right now. You can only hope we have jobs in one year.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. These are indeed challenging times and we value your opinion for improvement. Thank you.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some love it and others hate it

Jun 14, 2021 - RN Casemanger in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great health and dental benefits, good retirement account with employee matching, and a life insurance policy that pays out 1 year salary. Great co-workers.

Cons

Like many RN jobs, the work load and demand is too high. Not enough time in an 8-hour work day to complete the tasks. Frequent policy and workflow changes.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We listen so we can act and improve.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

RN Case Manager

Jun 4, 2021 - Registered Nurse%2C BSN in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The staff at MJHS is very diverse and that is something that is encouraged at every level of employment.

Cons

The workload is not something that can be completed in an 8-hour time frame. Every day I had to stay an extra hour of work and that was just to stay afloat.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are always working to improve and value your ideas.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work experience

Apr 30, 2021 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well compensated. Flexibility with scheduling time

Cons

High turnover. Easy burnout. Assignment changes

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Our turnover is actually very low but we still work to improve on that percentage. Thank you for your feedback.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 22, 2021 - Care Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is awesome

Cons

Not much that i can think Of

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that working from home appeals to you.

10. 1.0

Poor Management

Feb 5, 2021 - Registered Nurse in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance, 12 sick days 4 weeks vacation and 3 personal.

Cons

Supervisors make you feel disposable. They tells you to put up with the ridiculous workload because "You should be happy you still have a job." Nurses complain daily about the workload but managers and supervisors don't care because they don't have to do it themselves. Not sure who in HR or MJHS we can turn to or if they can even do anything about it. Management is all about productivity and focuses on quantity instead of quality. Pre-COVID we were asked to see 12 patients a week for UAS, now we are asked to see about 30 and they hound us when we cannot meet productivity, when it is physically impossible. Management should understand that anything we are asked to do as a part of our job should count towards productivity including mandatory HR trainings.

3 people found this review helpful