MMR Research Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MMR Research Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide.

Interview

I was called for a short screening interview. It lasted about 15 minutes where they asked me more about my research experience and talked a bit about the role. Afterwards they sent me a data analysis exercise. If you apply for these positions, make sure you learn how to do this because you will at some point be tested.

Research Executive Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a (mass) e-mail back which stated that I was selected to fill out an assessment and send it back within a few days. They actually had the wrong date on the e-mail, stating a deadline in the past, which I found a bit unprofessional (a few hours later I received an e-mail with the correct deadline). This is assessment was 7(!) pages long and it took me about 3 hours to do. I sent the assessment back and never heard from them again. This is the second time this has happened with a company to me (sending an assessment in and not even getting a rejection or feedback). It is quite frustrating to not even be acknowledged for the work and effort you put in. It also seems like they sent this to a lot of people, as it was clearly sent from the UK headquarters. I jus

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, since I only got to do the assessment and wasn't selected for a phone screen or in person interview.   Answer Question

Sensory Panel Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviewing you were emailed a set of panel data. I was asked to provide input on the performance of the panel. I was told the second interview was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Received an email with a data set to review.   1 Answer

Research Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The initial screening was a data analytic exercise which you need to analyze an excel spreadsheet and give recommendations. Then follows a brief phone interview if you passed the assessment. The phone interview was very general but they would ask about the overall research process and how to draft a proposal. The last interview was with the team from the office you applied for, which they would go through your resume, and two more analytic assessments with the analysts.

Trainee Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

After sending application, I received a generic email - which everyone seems to receive - saying "Your application caught our attention and we would be very pleased to progress it further." and an excel task to be completed. After sending my analysis of the data, I was selected for a phone interview. The lady who emailed me specified no preparation was needed. The interview lasted around 30 min and there were a few questions about the company/role and project life cycle - so some preparation was actually needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the project life cycle
      Talk about a time you had to lead a group
      How would your friends describe you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Wallingford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Numerical data exercise to be completed at home followed by a 30 min telephone interview (standard questions about working in market research/skills and experience), then an assessment centre (half a day, included an interview with two senior research execs, one numerical data exercise and one other source based exercise). There was also an opportunity to speak informally with recent trainees. It felt relatively straightforward and not too stressed but I didn't receive an offer so it is hard to tell. They gave pretty extensive feedback afterwards.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Wallingford, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage process. First stage was focused on meeting the role's reporting manager and the direct reports. 2nd stage involved meeting senior leaders from across the business. This was a positive experience and they spoke well of the company and potential challenges.
    The 2nd stage seemed a little disjointed and the panel had questions that were either duplicated or off-the-cuff. It seemed that my CV hadn't been reviewed in the greatest of detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Wallingford, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Essentially a waste of time due to a convoluted HR process. After applying, I was given a data assessment task to complete and email back within two days, which was followed swiftly by a telephone interview which besides asking me questions about my education and work experience, asked me a number of questions about the role which seemed to assume that I'd already worked in market research. Surely the entire point of the trainee role is to learn these things? On top of this, they provide no feedback as to on which part of the process you didn't meet the grade, so I can only assume it was due to those questions which I answered badly. I have a feeling the initial email they send which states words to the effect of "your CV caught our attention and we'd be very pleased to progress it further" is a template they send to everyone, as the follow up communication and phone interview aren't nearly as enthusiastic. During the phone interview, they might as well have admitted to not even reading the cover letter or my CV. It calls into the question the quality of the market research they produce for companies if their recruitment process is so disjointed and nonsensical.

Interview Questions

• What is involved in conducting market research for a company?   Answer Question
    • Assess the results to a series of questions (you're given a spreadsheet) regarding a product and suggest which product is best, in which areas, where it can be improved, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Wallingford, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was first a telephone interview. This was fairly straightforward. Questions were about motivations for joining the company, why market research, strengths and weaknesses. At the assessment centre there was an interview with three senior employees including one from HR. The atmosphere was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Which tools do you use to prioritise your day?   1 Answer

Senior Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MMR Research Worldwide (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call the a few skype f2f and in person
    Practice proposal
    Discuss industry and clients and common contacts
    Lots of personality questions
    A bit too personal
    Could have been more professional and about research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more money and benefits