MPR Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MPR Associates Interview Questions

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates.

Interview

Very informal phone interview. Told me about his role and mpr, and how he ended up at MPR. Asked about my resume and previous job experience, wanted to know projects and technical knowledge associated with the job. No specific strength and weakness or teamwork questions just about previous job and extracurricular experience. Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• At what angle does a block with mass m and friction coefficient mu slide down an inclined plane?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my career services center and interviewed on campus. The interview started 20 minutes late for a 45 minute interview, which I thought was pretty rude. It consisted of going through my resume, a few behavioral questions, and a couple technical "physics class" questions. I was told I'd hear back in one week, at which point successful candidates would be invited for an on-site interview.

Technical Lead Engineer/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates (Alexandria, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met two representatives at a career fair who were enthusiastic and passionate about the work they do for the company. Performed a basic 30 minute interview that day. A week later I was invited to the office in Alexandria, VA. In the morning I was given a tour of the office and took part in two one-hour one-on-one interviews with experienced MPR engineers. I went to lunch with two different MPR engineers which was a little less formal. In the afternoon I received a briefing from HR and met with the two Principal officers of the company. The whole process was fairly relaxed compared to larger companies and my interviewers were more interested in getting to know me than barraging me with behavioral and technical questions. All covered how the company is organized and the type of projects I would work on. There were some basic technical questions and one case-study involving a former MPR project. Recommend reviewing and understanding the company values before the interview.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPR Associates in February 2016.

Interview

One hour phone interview with a ten-year professional Electrical Engineer who is nice though, catering to what you are saying. Start with a little self introduction and program introductions, follows a little behavioral questions and two technical questions, one related to power system, another on power electronics. Try to be familiar with the technical knowledges related to the positions you applying to.

Interview Questions

• Talk a little about your related experience and why you want to work in the MPR   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates.

Interview

It was a good interview that was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. They aren't looking for you to have an equation memorized but are looking more at your thought process and if you go back to your fundamentals. The on site interviews have you meet the absolute top leaders at MPR. You will quickly see how committed they are to their employees

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very agreeable just tell them everything you would like to have changed at the same time, don't separate your requests

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPR Associates.

Interview

I was selected from my university's OCI where I submitted a resume. The two guys who interviewed me were very nice. They mostly asked about my resume and a couple behavior questions. Their final question was a technical question to get your thought process. They asked me a stress analysis question.

Interview Questions

• Let a beam sit snug in between two walls. Do a stress analysis as if an event occurs where the beans temperature is increased suddenly.   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates in July 2015.

Interview

The process started with a quick phone call that briefly described the company, as well as setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was with an engineer, which lasted an hour. Due to a meeting, the phone interview was split into two different phone calls. After the interview, I sent in a transcript and a few other documents. After sending in my transcript, I got another call back asking about my transcript. I got an email a few days after the final phone call saying MPR was considering other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would solve a circuit involving an op-amp and positive feedback.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPR Associates in October 2014.

Interview

Overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions during the phone interviews and on-site. Best to wear a full suit to the interview, as the company has a history of working with naval engineers and is a bit more traditional. Two rounds of technical interviews showed that the company really values smart engineers with good fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Asked to solve for all information in a basic RLC circuit.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPR Associates in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website as well as my school's career center. Got email to set up a phone interview. The interview was with an manager and an electrical engineer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Pretty much all technical questions with time at the end for me to ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• How does a transformer work? Why do we use 3 phase power?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview or on-campus interview first. if you move on to the next step, you are brought in for an interview in Alexandria. There you will be interviewed by two "senior" engineers, each interview lasting an hour, and each interview being highly technical. Then you will have lunch with a few junior engineers. Finally, you will have a panel interview with upper management. The final interview is the only behavioral one, but you will not have to answer canned behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are open-ended and can be tough. You better know your stuff - but weak engineers have made it through the process in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is always money left on the table, you just have to ask for it.