MRY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MRY

2.5

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by two days of interviews (I believe most were with people I would not be working with again). Several didn't know anything about community management, and asked general questions about the state of the advertising industry. I feel like one asked questions about my analytics experience. I didn't leave the interviews feeling like I did either well or bad. I felt very neutral.

Interview Questions

• What social media platforms are you currently on? (seriously)   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed, and the salary was really low.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Then in person interview where I just had a conversation with the hiring manager then had another conversation with the recruiter where we talked salary and benefits then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the future of social?
      What social platforms are you on?
      What is the most innovative thing you've seen on social this year?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Was interested in company for a while. Had interview in 2011 for position I was over qualified for. Emailed contact in 2012 when a more appropriate position surfaced. After a couple of weeks of emailing various people, including stalking several people via Twitter, I was called for a phone screening and initial interview. Within the next week I was called back for a second interview with the most senior manager. The next day I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for the job? I was asked on my second interview by the ECD, whom had already given the impression that he was not someone who waited for you to think of an answer. I was nervous but in love with the company and tremendously excited to be there interviewing and excited at the prospect of working there...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said 110,00/yr. They said 115,000 and I said 'done.'

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to come into the office and interview with 3 people. Each one was very confused with what they were interviewing me for and if there was even a position open. They also had all been working there for less than a year and could not provide me with very much information on the company. I was annoyed that I had traveled all the way to into New York for a company that wasn't even sure if they had job openings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something not on your resume you are proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through website and soon after I got the invitation to do the online interview. It was quite rapid and I tried to answer to the best of my abilities. I didn't receive any follow up from them which was disappointing since I had previously worked with them before for campus rep jobs.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Two in person interviews. I went into the office both times and was interviewed by a lot of different people. They were friendly and helpful about what the position was, and I heard back in a timely manner.

Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

MRY sent me an email to arrange a phone interview that was done a day after in the same week. I spoke directly to the Senior Experience Designer of the company who was super nice and welcoming. He started off by talking about MRY and explaining a bit more about the position and his expectations. Our talk lasted 30 minutes as scheduled, and when the time was done, the interviewer politely ended the conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my background and give further insights on selected portfolio projects.   Answer Question

I had already another offer in hand and accepted it by the time MRY sent me an offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MRY (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted via email by the in house recruiter and then had a phone chat. She was unclear about what the role was, didn't have a job description. I went in for an interview about a month after and met with 2 juniors and one VP. The VP said I'd be brought back in the next week and introduced me to who I would be meeting with when I came back in.. then nothing. Two weeks afterward the recruiter emailed me, saying they'd decided to go in a different direction.

Considering the scuttlebutt on Agency Spy about these guys (they've had massive layoffs, losing business like crazy, have put their office up for sublease), that may be for the best. Everyone I met with was friendly and professional, but I don't get the impression that they were telling the truth when they said they were 'expanding like crazy!'

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRY in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer gave helpful information and was very friendly over the phone. The interviewer asked generally basic interview questions about my experience in the field and things I have done at school. There were no blatant curveball questions.

Procter and Gamble Campus Ambassoder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRY (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

-what communities are you apart of on campus?

Negotiation

base salary of $350 a term plus commission based on winning missions