MV Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MV Transportation

2.0

Sort:

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MV Transportation in August 2012.

Interview

Hear from one of my friends about the job posting then apply online on company website and went to a interview it wasnt a hard interview, just job related questions.

City Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Livermore, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I went into the office and was interviewed by Human Resources and a lady that had be driving for MV for ten years. The Human Resources person ask me what was the most important thing about being a bus driver and why did I want to work got MV. Also the Human Resources person told me that MV was a great company to work for with excellent benefits and management.

Interview Questions

• Ask me what was the most important thing about being a bus driver and why did I want to work got MV   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional, upper management was very knowledgeable about the position needs and specific qualifications needed. The hiring personally drove me to all of the locations that I would be working with and introduced me to all my direct coworkers / managers.

Interview Questions

• How are your organizational skills   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MV Transportation (San Jose, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Why do you want this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not neogotiate

Fleet Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

One of the easier interviews. I went in and we talked about my resume and work experience. Described the job, explained the ethics and policies, benefits and asked me a couple questions about myself, why I'm there and how long I plan to stay.

Road Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (North Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

They were very cordial. You're put at ease right away, as if you're there on your own accord and they allow you to tell them about you. Be at ease when you go in. Don't think, "I'm going in to see them." Think instead, "They want to see me, so I can tell them all about myself." The people at MV who interviewed me--and welcomed me in as an Employee later--were really nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to be a Road Supervisor. As a former Bus Driver, I wanted to be the kind of Supervisor that other ones to me back when I was a Driver...a good thing, obviously.   1 Answer

Road Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed in the broom closet at the company

Negotiation

None

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Hyattsville, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Mr. Ken Washington, initial phone interview was very professional, in person interview was very informative, the work atmosphere seemed to be very professional. Still waiting for the final outcome of the background check so that I can go on to the next phase of the process.

Interview Questions

• The was not any portion of the interview process that was difficult nor were there any unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called and invited for an interview. I was pre-warned the interview could take up to 5 hours. First, I was interviewed by a supervisor who asked me a lot of questions that had nothing to do with the job and frankly, I found were annoying and childish. We did some role-playing on the phone and then she had me sit with various employees to watch them perform their duties. Each employee gave conflicting information about the company and procedures and guidelines. All in all, it seemed a very unprofessional place to work. I was told the pay for the first 90 days was $10 and how did I feel about that?! I didn't say it but I felt like saying "Wow, my 19 year old daughter makes more than that working a retail job and these people want an experienced, computer-savvy employee for ten bucks"! Twenty years ago I was making more than $10/hourly! I also noticed there did not seem to be diversity in the workplace and with my ummm, "lighter" skin tone, I would not fit their mold. It was mentioned at the end of this 3 1/2 hour colossal waste of time that a selected few would be invited back for another interview. I was not selected and was relieved as I decided their lack of professionalism, insulting pay and lack of diversity made this an environment I wanted no part of. Two days later I landed a much more professional job in a similar field making $6 MORE an hour!

Interview Questions

• Do you think there is a valid reason any person should miss work during the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Peoria, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Submit online application. Set up a phone interview with the General Manager. After a couple of days, I received an email for a face to face interview. Had a interview with the General Manager and staff.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle the most difficult customer?   1 Answer