MV Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.0

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MV Transportation (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

exceeding helpful , the HR personal did everything possible to help the new employees to start the job training ASAP , I'm so glad to have this opportunity and information they give us to understand the procedures our company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a experience driving?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reviewed my resume. Hypothetical questions on handling customer and drivers. Interviewed by three different people. DOT physical and drug screen. Waited for the results to get back and was offered the poaition.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Only one interview, telephonic. It was a half an hour long interview. the questions were straight and on point related to the job role. I would say prepare well and be confident.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Looked over driver's license to verify qualifications for the position. Explained what was required for the position and was told the starting pay. Forwarded information to location of position so that manager could conduct his own interview. Set up DOT Physical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on May 30, 2016. Interviewed on June 3, 2016, hired the same day, started training the following day. The application process online through the company site was not very effective, going to the local site proved to be the way to go. The online process for some companies can be very discouraging at times, don't rely on that particular method all the time, it pays to go in person a majority of the time if you know where the local operating office is located. By going to the local office to apply there will be a hiring official there that will be able to see and talk to you on the spot and don't forget to always bring a resume with you it shows you're prepared and interested in working with them, not just applying, you'll make a very good impression. I applied for 3 jobs this way through Glassdoor, had 3 interviews and 3 offers, took the third one because it was the one I felt best fitted what I would like to do and could offer me a more fulfilling opportunity. So try this strategy it could be successful for you too.

Interview Questions

• What type of vehicles have you operated.

Do you know the ADA is.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, pay is fixed scale.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

easy takes about one week to let you know u have the job, background friendly, you do not need a excellent driving record. takes one week to run all checks. you will be in the interview for awhile because if u pass the questions asked then u will get finger printed and then sent to take your drug test

Interview Questions

• when its rush hour how do drive in rush hour traffic   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

A basic assessment of customer service experience. Gaining knowledge of how or if put in particular situations, how will or how have I handled it and what proper channels did I feel was best. There was a check list of interviewing questions that had to asked to fully assess me for the position in which I applied. It was basically a on the spot application and interviewing process going on at the moment and I was one of the chosen.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was unsatisfied with the given service how would or have I handled the situation?   1 Answer

Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Alsip, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional the enviorments was quite and calm. The human resource person was very professional. I also interviewd with the shift supervisor over dispatch. They both took turns asking question and going over the company policy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasnt One they gave me a offer and I excepted.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview. Got a email to set it up the same day I applied online for the interview. Had to fill out more paperwork at the office set up a one on one interview then come back a week later for the actual interview got the job right after.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Stockton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online called me in for a interwiew. He was very nice interview went good! I start training on Monday! Asked for DMV record physical and drug and alcohol screening.