MV Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.0

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2017.

Interview

I found the job listing on LinkedIn and I used the easy apply feature which sent them my LinkedIn resume via ZipRecruiter. HR contacted me the next day, inviting me to an interview. We agreed to schedule the interview for the following day at 2:00 PM. Then HR said that I must fill out an application on their website before showing up for the face to face interview. I replied that manual applications normally take me longer than two hours because I have a long job history and it takes a long time to manually fill out an application. I said that I was not willing to invest those two hours until after the face to face interview. HR replied that I am wasting their time and hung up without saying a proper goodbye.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to fill out an application before arriving for an interview?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MV Transportation.

Interview

Application on walk- in basis. Filled out long questionnaire on computer, then escorted to Ops Manager for interview, Very casual and conversational. Quick glance at resume at end and invited to train next morning.

Parts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 2-part. First with the section leads then with the VP and head HR. Expectations were to dress for success and do your research about the company. We discussed leadership and management traits that would be applied to the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? What do you know about parts management?   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Peoria, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Submit online application. Set up a phone interview with the General Manager. After a couple of days, I received an email for a face to face interview. Had a interview with the General Manager and staff.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle the most difficult customer?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MV Transportation (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

exceeding helpful , the HR personal did everything possible to help the new employees to start the job training ASAP , I'm so glad to have this opportunity and information they give us to understand the procedures our company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a experience driving?   3 Answers

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reviewed my resume. Hypothetical questions on handling customer and drivers. Interviewed by three different people. DOT physical and drug screen. Waited for the results to get back and was offered the poaition.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional, upper management was very knowledgeable about the position needs and specific qualifications needed. The hiring personally drove me to all of the locations that I would be working with and introduced me to all my direct coworkers / managers.

Interview Questions

• How are your organizational skills   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called and invited for an interview. I was pre-warned the interview could take up to 5 hours. First, I was interviewed by a supervisor who asked me a lot of questions that had nothing to do with the job and frankly, I found were annoying and childish. We did some role-playing on the phone and then she had me sit with various employees to watch them perform their duties. Each employee gave conflicting information about the company and procedures and guidelines. All in all, it seemed a very unprofessional place to work. I was told the pay for the first 90 days was $10 and how did I feel about that?! I didn't say it but I felt like saying "Wow, my 19 year old daughter makes more than that working a retail job and these people want an experienced, computer-savvy employee for ten bucks"! Twenty years ago I was making more than $10/hourly! I also noticed there did not seem to be diversity in the workplace and with my ummm, "lighter" skin tone, I would not fit their mold. It was mentioned at the end of this 3 1/2 hour colossal waste of time that a selected few would be invited back for another interview. I was not selected and was relieved as I decided their lack of professionalism, insulting pay and lack of diversity made this an environment I wanted no part of. Two days later I landed a much more professional job in a similar field making $6 MORE an hour!

Interview Questions

• Do you think there is a valid reason any person should miss work during the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MV Transportation.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Only one interview, telephonic. It was a half an hour long interview. the questions were straight and on point related to the job role. I would say prepare well and be confident.

Route Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MV Transportation (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Looked over driver's license to verify qualifications for the position. Explained what was required for the position and was told the starting pay. Forwarded information to location of position so that manager could conduct his own interview. Set up DOT Physical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None