Macalester College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macalester College Interview Questions

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macalester College.

Interview

Phone interview with the usual questions. I felt the HR person was the wrong one to be conducting the interview, as I don't think one person can have an intimate understanding of the particulars of every position at the college. I found her condescending and brusque, and would have liked to know more about the position than she could tell me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Residential Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macalester College (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. Standard questions for Residential Assitant interviews on community building. The first interview is in two parts, with two different pairs of people, made up of a Residential Hall Director and a current Residential Assistant. The second interview happened a week after where we are separated into groups.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experience help with your responsibilities in this position?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Normally you just talk to the professor and then they would let you know if you got the position or not. If the professor do not have a preceptor, they may select people from the poll of survey answerers who need to indicate their previous experience

Prospect Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macalester College (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Friendly and professional, more of a discussion than interview. They started with a Phone Screen, then moved to a group interview that was more of an engaging discussion than being grilled with questions. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past experiences and how they could be applied to Macalester   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macalester College (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I give them credit for being quick and polite about the whole interview process. I received an email for a phone screening, and then 4 business days later an email to come in for an interview in just a couple of days after that, and then 5 days later got an email that I didn't get the job. Interview questions were pretty standard. Conversations each time lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of using innovation when faced with a problem?   Answer Question

Summer Research In the CS Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macalester College (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I actually just befriended a professor and he asked me about it. He seemed very thrilled with my proactive reaching out for a job. We had a few conversations and he decided to add me to the research even if I hadn't know to apply in the first place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

ITS Help Desk Interview

Interview

Submitted app, got job. Work Study

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macalester College in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job over the college's student employment website. A day or so later, I was contacted over email to set-up an interview time. The interview was not quite an interview. If I recall correctly, I was not asked about my qualifications or past experience. Instead, we talked about work expectation, procedures, my availability and set up my work schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Given job immediately.