Mack & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mack & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

1.8

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mack & Associates.

Interview

Process was easy. Brief phone discussion & quick follow up for interview in person. After interview heard nothing. Was told I would hear from them in 4 days...nothing. Followed up with calls, emails & no responses. Very unprofessional considering they are a staffing firm.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, discussion of resume & follow up work related environment questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted via email by a recruiter, to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took less than 10 minutes, at which time we arranged an in-person interview. Upon arrival at the office in Chicago, I was asked to complete a large stack of employment paperwork, including tax forms, insurance election forms, etc. I had completed some of this paperwork online, but they said their system had not received the submission. Then I sat and met with three different recruiters. We went over my resume extensively. We spoke about my previous experience, my professional goals, and what type of business or working environment would best meet my needs. I agreed to consider both Direct placement and Temp-to-Perm options, to allow for more opportunities. After leaving the office, I never heard from anyone in the company about a single opportunity. No emails. No phone calls. Nothing. I’m disappointed I wasted my time with this company. They did not help at all with me finding a new job.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all fairly standard, nothing stood out as unique or memorable.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a call with a recruiter from Mack & Associates. She was very rude to me and was questioning why I wanted to apply for this role and leave my current job function. I explained the change I am looking to make and she laughed and told me I would not make nearly as much money in this role as I do now, which I already knew. She decided not to move me forward, though we never had a full conversation about the position and my qualifications.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They stick you in a small room that must be made of cardboard because I could hear every word spoken in the room next to me. Often the person in the other room was speaking louder than me so I lost track of what I was saying. It was very distracting, especially because the girl in the other room was interviewing for the same position as me! I was making close to 50k at my last job and they tried to convince me the best they could get me was 30k! I was honestly insulted. I'm disappointed because they seemed really legit but overall it was a really bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, "where do you see yourself in 5 years? whats your biggest weakness? blah blah blah"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mack & Associates in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was eager to meet me. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my wants & needs in a future position, and seemed eager to find something for me. I then met with another associate and went over similar details with her.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, brought in the next day to go over my resume and what I was looking for in a job. I waited well past my appointment time and was bounced around as they were overflowing with people coming in. I took a few office task tests and was called a week later to fill in for a receptionist position. I really enjoyed my experience and hope I keep getting job opportunities!

Was busy

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

This was a basic, straightforward temp company interview. We went through my work history, they asked what I'd like to be doing. There are positions open for temporary and long-term roles and they'll call you on anything that fits you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Two tiered interview process. Basic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. You will be asked to take a skills assessment test in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook however you have the choice of taking it there or having them email it to you. What followed was a series of emails back and forth to discover the progress on the position I interviewed for. Not a lot of contact. Not a lot of updates unless you ask for them.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mack & Associates (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

First and only interview consisted of a meeting with a contract/temporary recruitment officer. Recruiter was interested in learning about my background, what I was looking for in temporary placement, and applicable skills.

Interview Questions

• It seems the recruiter was impressed with my background, so did not ask a lot of questions. However, be prepared for a battery of exams in MS Office suite.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to provide a range of acceptable salaries, and adjusted based on travel distance to the clients office. Really easy and straightforward. Again, I think this happens when they like you and consider you a high caliber recruit.