Macquarie University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie University

Business Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie University (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview - 4 persons. Questions were fairly straightforward: Managing Stakeholders, experience with systems/support, other general questions. People seemed friendly and the university grounds are nice, although a lot of construction going on when I was there. It appears the IT department is not keen to use agile techniques.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie University in January 2016.

Interview

Skype interview. A recruiting committee asked questions about CV and research. The whole process was about 1 hour. Quite standard and similar to academia standards. There were about 5-6 people. Each of them would ask me some questions that they would like to know. Each would rate me based on their impression on me.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie University (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 person panel, relevant questions and friendly interviewers who knew the work really well. The interview was well structured and all of the questions were relevant to the job. Any follow up questions were precise and direct showing the panel were really listening to what I was saying. They were prepared and had read by application thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Previous projects and their outcomes and how this impacted the organisation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No problems - I was very happy with the offer and they accommodated my starting dates.

Casual Academics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macquarie University (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview
    Step 1: Review your resume
    Step 2. If outside student from Macquarie University Ph.D. holder get preference
    Step 3: Must have teaching experience
    Step 4 must have research experience
    Step 5: good communicator
    Step 6: good knowledge of the topic to be taught

Interview Questions

• your research background
      Area of research
      number of publications   1 Answer

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

Interview over telephone. Questions: introduce your own PhD project, research experience and why you wanna be tutoring at the university. I got the interview at last minute because someone just withdrew the offer, so the whole interview process was quite quick.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie University (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2008.

Interview

I handed in my resume and cover letter on a particular day, the next day I received a call from them asking for an interview in the afternoon. They wanted to hire a teacher urgently since there was one left for a better job. They also asked me to bring my academic transcript to the interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie University (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2008.

Interview

it was a single interview, very straightforward. it focussed on skills and background.

Negotiation

simple