Madison Square Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Madison Square Garden Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden.

Interview

BIZARRE AND COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL RECRUITER! HR recruiter scheduled a phone screen. After answering typical HR questions, the recruiter arrogantly told me that they were only doing final scans of the marketplace to see if they had missed any qualified candidates and after our discussion decided I wasn't a fit. About 30 minutes later, the recruiter called me back to "have a discussion" about our last discussion because she felt it has ended on bad terms because she was distracted during our phone call (so basically that she wasn't doing her job) and then gave unsolicited feedback, in which she continued to insult me and tell me that she still did not feel I was the right fit for the role. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden.

Interview

Applied through their company website and was given a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I was told that they would contact me if I did or did not get the position, however they have not contacted me over a month and a half alter

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online then got an email I had an interview. Call with HR, Call with manager of the department I would work in. The call with HR was very brief and general. Why you major, why your college, why madison square garden

Interview Questions

• why madison square garden? why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was quick, applied online and a few days later had a phone screening with HR and a week later I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the department. After two weeks I received a follow up email from HR saying they were sorry for the delay in the hiring process, after that I wrote a follow up email since they never said anything after that and I never got a response. I found that so rude and unprofessional, any candidate has the right to know whether they been chosen or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. An HR person called you to talk about your interests and experiences. Then they discussed how they ran their program. After that, he sent my resume to the departments I was interested in working in for further review, but after 2 weeks, was rejected.

Summer Student Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview in January for a summer position. After that, it felt like my application entered a black hole. Did not get a response from HR unless I emailed them first asking for an update. Did this about 2-3 times, politely, and received a "we've filled all the spots" email in the middle of April. I feel like I wouldn't have even received that email if it weren't for the fact that I reached out asking for an update with the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Typical "what did you do at this previous job" questions and "how would that be useful here" type of stuff. Also got something to the effect of "What sectors and industries are you interested in working with? Why?"   Answer Question

Student Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took a month then Phone interview with an HR recruiter, took about 25 minutes, basic questions (tell me about yourself, reading the resume, what departments you would choose); then there were second rounds via Skype with a specific department

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major; Why MSG; What past experience do you have that you can bring to MSG   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was long, but smooth.
    Round 1: HR Recruiter phone screen
    Round 2: In-person with hiring manager
    Round 3: Project /Assignment Given
    Round 4: Project Presentation, Meeting with Executives
    Round 5: Interview with Executive
    Round 6: Reference Check
    Round 7: Final Interview with Executive
    Round 8: Offer extended

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your background/experience and why you're a good fit for this role.
      Why do you want to work for MSG?
      Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden in November 2016.

Interview

Sent in application online. Received call from Human Resources next day to set up phone interview date and time. After initial interview I was then was passed along for second phone interview with upper Human Resources.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got called in for an interview and met with one person from hr. Very nice and was passed on to potential bosses. All were impressed and got the job offer the next day.