Magna International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International (East Lansing, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

A very short phone call about my educational background, and some of the projects I've worked on in undergrad. The interview was mainly questions about my background, and how I felt about working with the company.

Paint Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magna International (Lansing, MI) in March 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with head of HR and head of paint department. Since COVID lockdown was taken place, both interviews were on the phone. Otherwise, they would have taken place in person

Interview Questions

• Interview was relaxed. What were my strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magna International (Clinton, TN) in September 2019.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the HR Manager. I was then asked to complete the PI Assessment online. I was emailed a link with hours and it only took approx 5-10 mins to complete. Next step was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in this field and what you think is your greatest strength.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magna International (Spring Hill, TN) in August 2019.

Interview

Application, nuts on bolts timing process, one on one interview, Lots of paperwork, another one on one interview, physical exam with paperwork, drug urine screening, tour of plant, started on September 4, 2019

Interview Questions

• Can you stand and lift for 8 to 12 hours   1 Answer

Die Cast Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magna International (Battle Creek, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

I did 2 months and i worked in multiple departments and 500 hours I was called in by my staffing agency took math personality and IQ test and had orientation a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working hard for a fair days pay   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magna International (Madison, WI) in March 2019.

Interview

Magna had come to a local career fair where I had the opportunity to speak with them for a quick moment and share my resume. A phone interview was scheduled for later that month. The phone interview lasted about an hour and I was given the job that following day.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, volunteer experience, and activities in school to aid major.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magna International (Holland, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a brief, efficient interview. They were very specific about the skills they were looking for, and the questions were clearly process-oriented. They asked a little about myself personally, and what skills I thought I had that would be relevant to the position, but most of the conversation revolved around what the internship would entail.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving experience?   1 Answer

R & D Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International in March 2019.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one conducted by a HR employee and one by the hiring manager. In the first interview they asked me a couple of general robotics questions. The second interview was a detailed one and they went through all projects on my resume and asked detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• In a robotic system, should you prefer accuracy or repeatability?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Magna International (Nashville, IL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a single in-person interview. There was five people in the interview with me and these people consisted of a few department managers and a couple of engineers. I was asked behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that challenged you and what did you do?   Answer Question

2019 Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magna International in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a interview invitation for 45 mins phone interview. The interviewer spoke not that fluent English and basically ask the projects I did in my resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Magna International (Joliet, IL).

Interview

It was a panel-interview with engineers from each department within the company. 7 or 8 people, so it was intimidating at first, but it was a very relaxed environment. I was overdressed. Everyone was in jeans and polos. The interview was your basic behavioral interview and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question