Main Event Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Main Event

2.1

Lead Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Main Event (Avondale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick simple questions about my past job experience and education. Wanted to know what I could bring to the team but mainly just a review on the things I couldn't do. No black socks, no facial hair, black belts only etc. Just scolding.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself still with this company in 3 to 5 years ?   1 Answer

Ops Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Main Event.

Interview

Appy online, 2 interviews, 1 online test. not much overall effort on my part. background test and personality test determine everything. Hope you can pass that part of the exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little. a take it or leave it kind of offer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Main Event in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I was emailed the next day. Went into a temporary office (hadn't opened yet) for an interview with the GM. Normal interview questions and the interview itself was super casual. Went in for an orientation and started training the week before grand opening.

Interview Questions

Main Event Response

Aug 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are delighted you accepted your offer and appreciate you being an awesome team member!

Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Event (Shenandoah, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a short convo about what I like to do in my spare time, how I was in school, and my availability. Then was offered the job and scheduled my orientation. Whole thing took maybe 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

Main Event Response

Jul 3, 2018 – Social Media Marketing

Great! Welcome aboard! We are please to hear your interview went well. Let us know if you have any questions, or concerns.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Main Event (Kansas City, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed first by someone who's position is still unfamiliar, then I was interviewed by the manager in charge of servers and bowl desk employees, then I was interviewed by the GM.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for when applying at a restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Event.

Interview

It went by pretty well. He asked me some questions and I thought I answered them well enough. The other manager had to give me an interview because it was a 2 part interview. I don't know if They forgot about me or I wasn't as good like I thought I was. I didn't get the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like how many years of experience do you have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Main Event (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I had applied via indeed and was contacted rather quickly. We set up a time for the middle of the week. I showed up and maybe had to wait 10 minutes while the FOM came to greet me. We sat in the dining section and conducted the interview. The manager was very nice and smiled a lot.

Interview Questions

• He asked hoe I would go about my typical routine at a table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There aren't any negotiations, you're a server. You know the rate. $2.13 + tips

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Main Event (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Well I applied on indeed. A week or so later they called me in for an interview. I was interviewed by the server manager first. She liked me so much that I met with the general manager same day and got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How much I'm trying to make? Can I stay on my feet for long hours?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Main Event (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Quickest interview ever. 15 minute, 5 questions, Made it thru the resume cut, made it through the phone interviews, waited over a week for a face to face, only to be given 15 minutes. Two hours later, received the email that they had decided to go with someone else. Personal I feel it was show and to meet the quote, if questioned as to why they hired that person.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most challenging supervisor, How did you anticipate his/hers needs, why do you want to work here, your most challenging event that you had to take over   2 Answers

Sep 19, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello – Main Event believes in all candidates having a positive experience with us. We are disappointed that we were not successful in conveying that message during your interviewing experience with... More

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Main Event.

Interview

Applied first through their HR system and was denied. Applied through LinkedIn and was immediately called by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting questions i was asked to interview on site with Director and VP.