MaineGeneral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MaineGeneral Health Interview Questions

2.7

Urology Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Waterville, ME).

Interview

You'll first have a phone interview. If you pass this part, you'll have a face to face interview with the manager. If you pass this part, you'll have a peer interview. The peers will help decide whether or not to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were unable to complete your tasks   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME) in August 2014.

Interview

Typical interview with management followed by a surprise interview with CEO. CEO was late and was an overall jerk throughout the entire 'interview'. Spent the entire hour griping about the previous financial analyst. Made no attempt to 'sell' the hospital or the position. This was a prime example of what was to come working with senior leadership.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME).

Interview

On-line application. Phone interview. Manager interview. Group interview.

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of education, why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Someone else offered me a job faster. I had forgotten all about these people by the time they called me months later to offer a job. Hiring is too slow and creaky.

Technician Interview

Interview

About an hour interview. Not very professional . Felt more like a little gab session. The interviewer talked about herself more the job.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME) in November 2012.

Interview

The initial interview with unit manager was quick & easy to get. If you are a top candidate, expect at least one other 'peer interview" with 2-4 co-workers. My peer interview was with 2 charge nurses, but not the charge nurses I would be working with. Peer interviewers are given a set of questions to ask each interviewee. Most are about working as part of a team, customer service, worst customer experiences, how you handled a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• None of my questions in the interview threw me for a loop. Most were of the same caliber as other interviews. I will say I wish I had asked one question of my interviewer "What is the best and worst aspect of this unit's culture?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. Their pay is a range based on years of experience.

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Waterville, ME) in November 2012.

Interview

First interview is with the unit manager, then there is a peer interview with 2-4 staff from the unit. Unit Manager has selected questions given by HR followed by candid information about the unit, hours, nature of the work. Peer interview questions are selected by HR and given to the peer interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation; how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to interview for the position. After an interview with the Director of IT and Director of the PMO I was asked to participate in a group interview via skype. Since this position required relocation I suggested a face to face. I was required to pay for my own flight and accomodations for the interview and a week later I was offered the position at a salary less than was discussed during the first interview and a significant amount less than I was making previously. I initially accepted the position and was then subjected to a pathetic and incompetent HR department which among othere things informed me that I had to fly in a week before I started to take a picture for my employee bage. After several polite requests to do it the day I was hired they firmly said no. I then declined the position as I have never seen an organization that requires you to come in a week early (at your own expense) to take a picture. There were many other issues including several doctor's visits for physicals, hearing and eye tests, TB tests - all done on personal time and not reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions.   Answer Question

The HR department and corporate policy. I was warned by Maine General employees that if you came from an area outside Maine you would be surprised how they do things. Having a history of working for Fortune 500 companies I would liken my experience to Deliverance meets healthcare. I do feel very bad for the people that trust their lives to this organization.

Patient Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process has completely changed since I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Waterville, ME) in February 2010.

Interview

Asked me if I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• "what's your favorite scary movie?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Waterville, ME) in April 2008.

Interview

Online application, face-to-face traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember. I started working there at least 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my pay. It was one of my first nursing jobs so I accepted what the pay was set at.