Mainfreight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Flower Mound, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the company. The first was an initial screening about my character and the second interview was about the position. They then interviewed me in person at their Flower Mound location. I met with two gentlemen at a restaurant where they asked more questions about where I see myself in the future, etc. After this, we went to meet the people in the office and discuss more about the job. A few weeks later they emailed me about the job and decided not to hire anyone for the position. Also, they did not reimburse me for my travel expenses.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mainfreight in May 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews which was done via Skype was not too difficult. Most of the questions were just geared toward getting to know the applicant better as well as to give the applicant a chance to ask any questions that he/she might have about the company or the position.

Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I was told what they thought I wanted to hear. I was told there was a long, extensive training process already drawn out for my position and there was an office average of "a few" hours of overtime a week. Ten weeks in after very limited training, I was made to take on full responsibility of my position with limited backup and I was told repeatedly I was not to ask questions of the person who "trained" me, all while working fifty to sixty hour weeks.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

One hour interview via skype. Make sure that you have reviewed in depth everything that you can find on their website about the company. Most questions relate to how much you know about them and their sister company Carotrans. Majority of intitial interview is finding out what you know and then explaining to you in depth how their company works.

Entry Level Supply Chain Graduate Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mainfreight (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal and they replied to me for an interview within a few days.

The interview was pretty easy with a few questions. The office manager interviewed me asking about my strengths and weaknesses, career goals and aspirations, and a few behavioral questions, which overall took around 20 minutes.

I bonded well with the manager since we were alumni from the same university and we majored in the same thing.

I got a second interview from another branch manager of a larger branch and it ended up being an hour long over the phone since she was describing what the company was about and what the program entailed. She asked the same questions as the first interview and it went well.

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Bloomington, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

applied and was called the next day to set up interview, interview was a few days later, took quick computer survey, 1 on 1 interview with situational questions that took some me a little thinking, then a second 1 on 1 interview with about the same thing. both interviewers were very nice. easy process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ansonia, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Ansonia, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

i had one on one interviews with two mangers it took ten minutes each. I called and they said a third schedule is not planned.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you done and what did you do to correct it   Answer Question

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Corporate HR person call exactly at the time we mutually agreed upon. She was very cordial and easy to talk to. She asked basic interview questions. However, she never asked me to tell her about myself, which I thought was odd and really wanted to do (as an initial sell). She explained what I could expect for the rest of the application process and the timeline. Unfortunately, I recieved an e-mail several days later indicating they were considering other candidates and I was not one of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult task and how you dealth with it.   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact your current employer, what do you thing he or she would say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness you have?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Tempe, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Filled out the application online and received a call from HR a few weeks later. They have you come in and you take a basic skills test on their computers near Customer Services. Then they take you back to their offices and you sit in one of the Team Leaders offices. First the lower supervisor for the position comes in and interviews you, behavioral questions. Then the boss of the group I was applying for, the Executive Team Lead, came in and gave me similar questions. Then if they like your interview a member of HR will go in and offer you a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You're given a set salary and also a $1 differential for working early.

Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mainfreight (Kansas City, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

Three interviews from team leads.

Negotiation

Just be honest