Managed by Q Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Within minutes of submitting my application, I was contacted for an interview. From that initial conversation, everything else moved promptly and professionally. Every person I met at Q was genuinely excited to meet me and share what they do and how they're helping the company grow and become better. A couple of days after wrapping up my interviews, I received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are creative ways we could attract great new field team members?   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Managed by Q in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application and a witty email to the recruiter listed on the linked in posing, the process was surprisingly quick! Went out to meet the team, meshed well with everyone, and even got to show off my killer cleaning skills! Seemed like a perfect fit - but the culture scare of going from big-corporate to start-up got the best of me; hind sight is ALWAYS 20:20...

The team out there is bar-none, some of the best people I've ever experienced!

cost of living adjustment

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Managed by Q in June 2016.

Interview

Quick calls with HR then VP of Engineering, followed by a 1 hour technical interview with an engineer. I think Managed by Q is an amazing company and I was excited to go through the interview process. The technical screen wasn't too difficult but I never received any feedback from it. The internal recruiter went silent and did not answer a follow-up email.

Interview Questions

Managed by Q Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Director of Talent

Hi, my name is Amy and I lead Talent at Q. I'm very, very sorry to hear about the experience you had with us - not hearing anything back is unacceptable and I want you to know I'm addressing this... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process involves 3 steps

1) phone screen
    2) technical phone screen
    3) a 1/2 day on site

The interview process was very smooth, Q was extremely responsive, and Frank, the recruiting coordinator, was great

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a brief phone interview to discuss background / experiences, then a call with an engineer for more introductions and an initial coding challenge. A few weeks later I went to the office for a full day of interviews.

At the onsite, there was a thorough product demo which gave insight into the company's mission and long-term trajectory. Then, there was a series of coding challenges each given by two engineers. In each interview the engineers we're helpful, and gave really good feedback on the direction you we're headed in solving the problem. After each interview there were a few minutes to ask questions to better get to know the company, culture, and work-life. At the end of the day I had met about half of the engineering team. All in all, a very positive experience that lets you get to know the company, and the company get to know you.

Interview Questions

• A series of challenging, but practical coding interviews that focused on design, implementation, and problem approach.   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Interview

they call you over the phone and if you pass they call you for a one on one interview process which takes rather long. they ask for references and also ask about your experiences and skills prior to applying fo their company.

Cleaning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a multi faceted interview process. Two phone interviews, an outing with a supervisor, followed by two pairs of interviews at their corporate location. My only problem with the whole process, was the last part. It was totally disconcerting. I was interviewed by two pair of managers, each of whom put their laptops between them and myself. Every question asked was then followed by them staring into their computer screens. Most questions were open ended, and to be honest, you were being asked to basically free associate your answers. I don't know if they were looking for a Supervisor or a clone who fit their business model. I saw lots of problems the night I went out with their Supervisor and pointed them out. Operators who didn't know how to mop, dust or clean efficiently. Missing crucial supplies. It looked like a work in progress. Overall, it was not a negative experience, but they should get a cleaning professional to ask questions; not kids behind a computer screen.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an operator who was not doing what you told him to do?   Answer Question

Managed by Q Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Lead, Talent Strategy

Hi there. This is Travis at Q - I oversee the interview process for this role. We enjoyed having you go through our interview process and appreciate your feedback. And I'm sorry you didn't have a... More

Cleaning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Managed by Q (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a message on Linkedin from (BLANK) suggesting I might be a good fit for the role. It sounded interesting so I messaged back. About a week later I was invited to the office to interview. (BLANK) introduced herself and told me I would first meet with the another manager. Interview seemed to go well and I felt we got along. But here's where things go downhill. After we finish, he says he is going to get (BLANK) to meet with me next. She is somehow "busy" and brings in another "manager". This "manager" - had obviously never interviewed many people before. First, she didn't even introduce her role in the company - I had to ask. Second, her questions were very strangely worded and confusing. And third, she had no responses whatsoever while I was talking, making the whole experience very awkward. She kept trying to act "tough" instead of interacting professionally. After we finish, she says she is going to attempt to grab (BLANK). She comes back a few minutes later and says (BLANK) is still occupied but wanted to thank me for coming in. I know the drill and assume I wouldn't be getting a call back. I send a thank you email and not surprisingly, I never heard from them again - not even an automated email. In the end, a huge waste of my time.

As a startup in the service industry, Q should be mindful about how they treat people, especially potential candidates. Even if I wasn't a good fit, I still deserve to be treated professionally and with respect. Why would you reach out to a candidate and not even give them the opportunity to complete the interview process? As someone also in the industry, Q will not be getting any good word of mouth from me. The top companies in the service industry provide respect and a high level of service to everyone, not just clients or current employees. What a shame.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very professional and friendly. All applicants were very enthusiastic and the office crew was very attractive. Questions always on multiple choice formats. The location was set as warming welcome.

Interview Questions

• What would you if your coworker don't show up to the site?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Managed by Q (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit an online app, (5min)
    Attend info session/ interview 30 min
    General manager host the session, awesome person, with great previous experience helping start ups
    Attend group training (paid 1-2hours)
    (Learn simple efficient ways to clean, really helpful when taking these skills home with you, bet cleaning your house time is slated in half)
    Conduct a group deep clean (2-4hours paid)
    Get mentored/ manage your own account

Interview Questions

• Rate your attention to detail   1 Answer