Manchester United Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Manchester United

1.8

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief presentation showcasing possible emergency situation.
    Candidates must record what procedures should be taken.
    Identify all the dangers of the situation and possible solutions.
    Present them to interviewer in written form.
    Answer and questions interviewer asks regarding the situation.
    Ask questions if you don't understand or if you want clarification of any danger you may have missed.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stretford, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester United (Stretford, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Group interview. Once they call you for the interview, you've basically got the job. A lot of form filling and there are several induction videos. Some questions are asked but they're straight forward questions.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

I had originally applied for a casual position online with no success. Maybe a week or 2 later I received a mass email saying that they were still hiring, and to call a number within a few days in order to have a short phone interview, which then led to the 1:1 interview. My interview was held in one of the level 3 boxes by a manager. We first just had a little chat about myself and any experience that I had. She explained the role I was applying for and then went on to ask some scenario-based questions, which weren't too difficult to answer and which if you are really interested in food or customer service you would find quite easy. Overall it lasted about 20-ish minutes, not long at all. In the end, she said that though I didn't have any work experience at all (I was 16) I had shown a great knowledge of food service, ultimately hiring me as a silver service waitress and taking my picture for my staff pass on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you were to invite me to your house, what would you cook for me?   Answer Question
    • What condiments would you pair with beef, pork, chicken and lamb?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with 2 groups of people wanting to be seated at the same time?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester United.

Interview

Sent my CV via email. Received a phone a few days later and was invited for a short interview. Interview is conducted by two members of staff, usually one manager and one full time staff. Or two managers. However, they are very relaxed and easy going. Received the job the same day. To work every match day is a requirement. Over 18's will be required to stay till 11pm on evening match days.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was rather easy and they usually hire you. They don't require you to have much experince. The induction is usually right after the interview and it takes up to approximately half of your day to comlete it.

Interview Questions

• How do you provide good customer service.   1 Answer

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, pretty informal, dress code was smart casual but they didnt seem too bothered, interview was in one of the boxes which was really nice as you could see the pitch from an amazing viewpoint, lasted about 15 minutes and offer was made after interview. Asked around 7-8 questions depending on what position you applied for and ran through CV quickly. Overall was a very good experience, but not really something to base off for a full time job.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview which lasted 15 mins. Face to Face interview at the stadium. Job was offered at the interview and then contracts are signed. After which you are free to leave. There is also a training day 1 week later where everything regarding the role is explained.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call about half an hour later then got invited to an interview later that week. You get taken into a room and asked some really basic questions, and I'm fairly sure every single person was offered the job on the spot and given contracts to sign there and then.

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

They ask a series of questions, including the generic why do you want to work for us and how can you contribute to the team type questions. Very calm really

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manchester United (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Filled out a form, was then taken to one of the boxes to a group interview, all sat around a table, it was pretty relaxed. Some questions were asked all around the table, some people were chose randomly for questions. Then filled out a lot more paperwork and went into the induction which lasted a few hours