Manhattan College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manhattan College

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan College (Bronx, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a brief interview between the manager and me. We spoke about my history at Hunter College, how familiar I was with computers. I was briefed the nature of the job. There was a period of training where I learned how to use team dynamix, and I went directly into the job.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan College.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back from HR after a month. The interview process was fairly relaxed. First, I met with a hiring manager to review my qualifications and background. Right after, I interviewed with the manager of the department of the position, who mostly explained the position and asked questions about my work experience. Nothing extreme or unexpected. I didn't get a call back, but the staff and campus left a good impression on me.

Grad Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process is really easy and smooth. I had a quick talk with the manager and I was offered a position on spot. It is easier if you know people already working as grad assistants but you will probably get the position either way.

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan College (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Asked me the basics of how to troubleshoot a computer and how to access different parts of an operating system in order to troubleshoot further. From there they asked how I would deal with specific customers depending on certain situations and problems

Interview Questions

• How would you go about troubleshooting a computer that won't turn on?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan College (Bronx, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

First and second interview; I had good experience for an entry level employee so the interviews went well. Very focused on the College mission, which I appreciated very much, so be prepared for answering how you will contribute to the college mission. Dress in business clothes/suit although once the job started it was ok to dress more casually. Other staff were very supportive of my development and the faculty were so approachable and warm.

Interview Questions

• How my work would contribute to mission?
      How I would manage my time and multiple responsibilities?
      Answer Question

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan College (Bronx, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and later received a phone call screen. After the phone screen there was an in person interview. Motivated to move if you have the right stuff. The school is located in a nestled part of the Bronx called Riverdale, very nice campus. The people are generally friendly.

Night Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan College (Bronx, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interviewer looked at my resume and briefly asked me to verify its contents and then I was hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase but I do advise all to lay-out their desires rate of pay prior to excepting any job because sometimes an employer will give you what you want.