Manipal University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manipal University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manipal University

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)).

Interview

Very fair and neutral. Every selected person gets call for interview through e-mail as well as letter in hard-copy. Almost all the faculty related to the subject attend the interview and anyone can ask questions. I have got questions from 5-6 faculties and very standard questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Based on my masters project and some related to the topic of choice.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kampong Baharu Nilai (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manipal University (Kampong Baharu Nilai (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

First of all they ask me to introduce my self and then they asking why I'm choosing for this position.
    They ask me my skills and also my working experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)).

Interview

No interview. Hiring over IAESTE.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Manipal University is a name to reckon with not just in India, but the world over. Although it got the deemed university status in 1993, the seeds for its magnificent growth were sown way back in 1953 with the setting up of the flagship Kasturba Medical College on what was then a barren hilltop.

From then on, institution after institution was added and facilities kept improving to ensure Manipal University emerges the leading higher education provider in the country today with 24 professional institutions in medicine, engineering, management and humanities. The University is making a strong headway in research as well.

Research Scholar Interview

Interview

interview ad on newspaper, sending filled in application/forwarding resume to contact person; receiving interview letter; panel interview and selection process, receive appointment letter

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial communication with the college is through anyone you already know, someone who introduces you to the place.
    Once you are ready to apply, they will ask you to send in your portfolio and c.v with a covering letter, so since this is the first impression you are giving to the university , its best to put in some good effort preparing it. Once that is sent, if they are impressed they will call you to set up an interview date. Also you must have a first class Degree for eligibility.
    The interview is not very formal, but you need to present a PowerPoint presentation on a favorite topic, which should showcase your language skills and also your vocal capacity, since you need to address a whole class.
    After which they will ask you about your strong subjects and maybe some questions from them, you must be prepared to answer anything from the subjects you have mentioned.
    If they are impressed immediately, they will talk about the salary etc etc. Once you are ready to join, one month is the maximum time you can take to join.
    Timing is 9 to 5 and Saturday is working as well. Apart from curricular activities you have to monitor lot of events and student activities based on your own interests, which is a good platform for student teacher interaction as well.

Interview Questions

• What are the different modes of heat transfer?   1 Answer
    • Pretend you are in a classroom and take a class on say, Foundations..for which you were not told ahead.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a set scale of pay given , based on your experience and qualification. Negotiations are entertained rarely.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Done at University level. Good academic track record and future research plans will be evaluated. Past track record of research with respect to peer reviewed journal publications will be a added benefit. Presentations in conferences about your research work will also be considered.

Negotiation

It is fixed. Negotiation is rarely entertained.

Anonymous Employee in Manipal (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manipal University (Manipal (India)) in December 2008.

Interview

An objective test which assesses the general knowledge of the subject followed by a 15 min presentation regarding field of study, interest and general topic of interest. The panel will keep an open discussion to weigh your knowledge of the project to be carried out along with basic understanding of the objectives to be implemented and followed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply for this position? (If employed) Your pay was higher before so why are you leaving your previous position?   Answer Question