Mapco Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mapco Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter who saw my resume on Indeed. I have seven years of experience as a customer service manager and one as an assistant Store manager, so I was told that I was a perfect fit for a store manager with Mapco, and that I would have a series of three interviews.

After my first interview, I was referred to my second. After my second interview, I was told I would be referred to my third. The. My first interviewer called me to tell me the third interviewer was refusing to see me at all because I lacked sufficient experience.

Two weeks later I was contacted by a second recruiter who asked me to come in for my third and had me drive more than 200 miles for my final interview, at which point I was told a second time I lacked sufficient experience.

If I lacked it the first time, why was I contacted a second time? Why was I contacted to begin with? This company seems disorganized and frankly disappointing, and I do not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you failed to meet customer needs.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very easy, with such a high turn over rate. Walked in and basically was hired. Place was filthy, and the worker that was working looked just as miserable as the place. Needed money so I suffered through it. Roaches and rats were in the one on Jackson in Memphis. Word to management, when you notice that you should immediately shut down the store and fumigate some things. Broke so many health codes, beware if this is the location you are called in for. And management is shady, so just a heads up.

Merchandising Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later received a call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward and went well. A week later I was invited to Nashville for an in-person interview. The in-person was a panel style interview. There were questions about my experience and my resume. The interview was casual and I enjoyed talking to everyone and felt that the fit would be really good for me. There were a few weeks of deliberation until I finally got a call and received a verbal offer with the official to come over the next few days. After about a week of silence, I get a call by the hiring manager telling me that the position has been eliminated by senior staff, and therefore no job after all.

Interview Questions

• What irritates you the most in your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview and 2 in person interviews. They never go back with me. I emailed and called repeatedly asking for another interview. I was always told, they would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle employees with issues of call outs?   1 Answer
    • Why did I apply with Mapco?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Calhoun, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I basically didn't have an interview. Overall it's an extremely easy interview. They ask if you have experience, what hours are you wanting to work, and ask you if your able to do the duties of the job.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Was interviewed as soon as applied. Hiring manager asked me every illegal question possible (How old are you, are you married, do you have children, do you go to church?) and no questions about my experience or contribution. When I performed interviews, it was suggested I ask questions such as, "How can you afford to work at our pay rate?" "How many people love in your household and how many currently work?" "What types of drugs have you experimented with?" and so on. Basically they want to figure out in the interview how much potential there may be for you to steal from them. Pathetic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Apparently, ME entices management talent with the promise of something called its "manager-in-training" program, which in my case was a classic bait-and-switch. I was interviewed extensively for this position and told that I would start as a simple food preparer (in-store Quiznos co-brand), then transfer over to the registers as a cashier, at a starting salary of about $9.00 per hour. I was told that I would be hired as a manager-in-training. After taking the job, quickly found out that I had NOT been hired as an MIT but as a normal cashier. Further, whenever I asked about the MIT program and when I would move beyond the cash register/cashier position, my manager always told me that "_____ hasn't made a decision yet." I put up with this for about two months and finally found something better and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in the interview process was difficult or unexpected...these guys came after me...hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless you are desperate and need cash quickly, don't give these guys a second look. They have extraordinarily high turnover and a reputation for not treating their employees very well or fairly.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton Cove, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Hampton Cove, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Simple and several pointless questions. It was a basis questionare they ask in a low income job. The interview last about 20 mins. I waited longer for the interview to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview

Good company, good supervisors... if they know what they are doing. The stores were iffy but we made them work. The biggest issue was how corporate steadily cut payroll hours over time. In order to meet budget, some store managers had to run the entire store alone until noon when a cashier could be brought in. Where's the love? Where's the safety? Huge morale killer. It takes a special animal. Only the high volume units had it slightly better, yet the smaller locations were easier to manage under such conditions.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting and got email from HR department said they have an operation analyst intern open in summer. Mapco asked for a 3 page slides to show how to optimize their labor scheduling system. It is like a case question aims to evaluate your analytic skill, problem solving skill and presentation skill.

Interview Questions

• I was invited to onsite interview and asked some questions about the C-store duties which need to use labor. Didn't prepare for that very well and it seems to measure candidate's broad thinking and detail orientated characteristics.   Answer Question