Mapco Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mapco Express

2.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Was interviewed as soon as applied. Hiring manager asked me every illegal question possible (How old are you, are you married, do you have children, do you go to church?) and no questions about my experience or contribution. When I performed interviews, it was suggested I ask questions such as, "How can you afford to work at our pay rate?" "How many people love in your household and how many currently work?" "What types of drugs have you experimented with?" and so on. Basically they want to figure out in the interview how much potential there may be for you to steal from them. Pathetic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call and then two separate interviews. First interview with the manager then with group memebers. Next was the final interview with the department head after which they came to a decision.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Clarksville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

10 minutes and got the job the manager was unprofessional and the current employees seemed to be more in charge than he was I ended up working for about 8 months here and it was horrible the company does not believe in raises and monitors everything you do thru the cameras

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Calhoun, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I basically didn't have an interview. Overall it's an extremely easy interview. They ask if you have experience, what hours are you wanting to work, and ask you if your able to do the duties of the job.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Apparently, ME entices management talent with the promise of something called its "manager-in-training" program, which in my case was a classic bait-and-switch. I was interviewed extensively for this position and told that I would start as a simple food preparer (in-store Quiznos co-brand), then transfer over to the registers as a cashier, at a starting salary of about $9.00 per hour. I was told that I would be hired as a manager-in-training. After taking the job, quickly found out that I had NOT been hired as an MIT but as a normal cashier. Further, whenever I asked about the MIT program and when I would move beyond the cash register/cashier position, my manager always told me that "_____ hasn't made a decision yet." I put up with this for about two months and finally found something better and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in the interview process was difficult or unexpected...these guys came after me...hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless you are desperate and need cash quickly, don't give these guys a second look. They have extraordinarily high turnover and a reputation for not treating their employees very well or fairly.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express in May 2013.

Interview

interviews process was easy .. i would say that need a new company to do faster background checks ...

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Nashville, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

I walked into the store after applying online and spoke to the manager directly. I think I interviewed on the spot and was taken to get my drug test on the same day. After that was done, I don't recall waiting long to start and I was on the schedule within a week.

Interview Questions

• The questions, if I recall correctly were the few typical customer service targeted questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager stated that only $.50 over minimum wage could be offered.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mapco Express.

Interview

It was a 2 step interview process if you passed the first one you got a second. Everyone was open and got straight to the point of what it was like and what to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter who saw my resume on Indeed. I have seven years of experience as a customer service manager and one as an assistant Store manager, so I was told that I was a perfect fit for a store manager with Mapco, and that I would have a series of three interviews.

After my first interview, I was referred to my second. After my second interview, I was told I would be referred to my third. The. My first interviewer called me to tell me the third interviewer was refusing to see me at all because I lacked sufficient experience.

Two weeks later I was contacted by a second recruiter who asked me to come in for my third and had me drive more than 200 miles for my final interview, at which point I was told a second time I lacked sufficient experience.

If I lacked it the first time, why was I contacted a second time? Why was I contacted to begin with? This company seems disorganized and frankly disappointing, and I do not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you failed to meet customer needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mapco Express (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview and 2 in person interviews. They never go back with me. I emailed and called repeatedly asking for another interview. I was always told, they would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle employees with issues of call outs?   1 Answer
    • Why did I apply with Mapco?   1 Answer