Mapei Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mapei Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mapei.

Interview

Read an article inn the paper about a "job fair" filled out an application upon arrival, was brought back to a room with about 6-8 supervisors doing individual interviews. The guy who interviewed me was very informative and open to listen to my situation and what i was looking for with the company long term he explained the companys history, it's emphasis on promotion from within its benefits, including college assistance, paid vacation and excellent medical vision dental and flexible spending account. I left feeling like I'd made a good impression. I heard back within the week to come back for a second interview, where there were about 12 other people inn a classroom setting taking a ScanTron type of multiple choice test with reading comprehension/basic math and product identification questions. Got a call back for a third interview, hoping this will be the last stage of the process where I'm offered a position in the company.

Interview Questions

• What position i was applying for/ which shift i preferred   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mapei (Garland, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to first and second shift manager. Walked me through the plant as they do all the new hires. They say they do a back ground check but it's a lie. Many, many ex convicts working there. They brag about their prison time. Didn't even look at my resume.

Interview Questions

• About my former employer alot   1 Answer

Tech Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mapei.

Interview

Knew about this company though my trade. Decided to followup with the contact person I knew. Sent my resume to corp HQ in Florida . They called me about two weeks later asked me to meet the sales director at one of our plants. He interviewed me and recommended to the manger in change to make arrangements for me to fly to Florida for a more in depth interview. Took over two weeks before knowing the outcome. Once they decide to hire me they sent me a letter of acceptance to read and sign. After that I spent two weeks at the HQ in Florida being briefed and basic training

Negotiation

Interview with 6-7 managers in Deerfield Beach. Each has to sign off on your interview

Maintenance Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mapei (Garland, TX).

Interview

Interview is not difficult and some test is applied.
    There is a production person who does not know how to use a multimeter. This fellow became a maintenance guy by favoritism. HR laid gave him as a test a set of questions and a list of the answers with it. " I got 85% of the answers correct" he said.

Interview Questions

• Plant Manager asks: Why should I hire you instead another person?   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mapei (West Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial interview, test, interview wasn't difficult. Questions based on job applying for

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mapei (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had Direct interview with Regional Manager and Vice President (Research and Marketing). Had telephonic interview with Regional Manager. Then had Face to Face interview with Vice President. Finally I was offered job in two days time.

Interview Questions

• Technical question related to Cement industry   1 Answer

Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mapei.

Interview

Depends, i' have seen some foreign workers have another take there employment test. Lot of family work there.