Marc Glassman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marc Glassman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Salem, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy, manager interviewed me on the spot. I was offered a position as a cashier. Apparently the store has trouble keeping people longer than six months. The sign had been up at least 3 months.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Painesville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Painesville, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, short, only took 2 days then I got a call from them. Went to the office for interview, ask simple question (because they don't pay you much), Then they just explain what to expect and what you need to do to be successful.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sagamore Hills, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Sagamore Hills, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

They asked me a few questions, like my job experience, how I would handle customers, etc. This was my first job, so job experience clearly was not needed. I was called within 3 days about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Just your basic questions about having any retail experience and availability. It was a face to face interview. I get pretty nervous during these interviews and the manager of the store was the one interviewing me that day. He was sort of intimidating at first but he explained that he is understanding in interviews but expects much more out of his employees if he actually hires them on.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Canton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy, lasted roughly around 15 minutes. The interviewer asked only a few short and simple questions, mostly asking about yourself and why you feel like you should get the job. If you do get an interview chances are you will more than likely get hired that same day too.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Parma, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview with a regional manager and HR manager. Filled out job description. Discussed my history and experience. Told of Marc's history and position. Shown typical management schedule. If offered, I suggest you really look at it. Company routinely schedules managers for 50 hrs per week. Your expected to put in more. Was offered position on the spot pending background check. Whole process took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiations. Would not move on salary. They did move on giving a 6 month review instead of one year.

Stock Interview

Interview

I applied in person and gave it to customer service. I received a call from the Customer Service Manager the same day! Two days later I went in and the csm just reviewed my application with me. The next day I had an interview with the store manager which was simple and straight forward. My only complaint is though I was described the basic duties there was so much more that I wasn't told at the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, your given a rate of pay(minimum wage) and when to first report for work.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Akron, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring managers for all stores are different people so the interview process will not always be the same. She'll ask you a few questions about your past experience and how you will handle certain situations. Just smile and be honest.

Interview Questions

• If you were having an issue with another employee member how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marc Glassman (Strongsville, OH).

Interview

I submitted a physical application to the store, and I was called in for an interview with the hiring manager over a month later. The interview was conducted as if I already had the job, and all we did was discuss job duties and whether or not I could perform them. No tests were conducted or asked for. I was given a date to come in for work, and about an hour was spent filling out paperwork. Training lasted for only about another hour, and then I was on my own for the rest of the work day.

Interview Questions

• The ONLY question asked was the classic, "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it was my first job, and I was given minimum wage.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marc Glassman.

Interview

The interview process is easy. It's a sit down interview over typical questions. Once hired you have a video and workbook to complete. Honestly you could complete it without the video. Afterwards you get sent away to be trained rather it be in stock or cashiering. I was hired as a cashier and let me just say it was beyond nerve-wracking that first day but you get ahold of it quickly. You only have 3 training days and then you're on your own.

Interview Questions

• How my hobbies and experiences would help me in the job.   Answer Question