Marcus Theatres Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.6

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Very poor communication. Recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview, never called when supposed to, delayed emails, multiple windows set aside to speak with Marcus all blown off without response or very delayed response. Warning to avoid.

Interview Questions

• To reschedule over and over before never responding again.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres.

Interview

The process was easy. I went to sign in at this table. Then sat down and wait 15 mins for them to put up my online application.when they pulled it up i had went to a lady who did my interview.she ask me question on my recent movie theatre history. The she end the intreview. And told me i should be getting a call with 2-5 days.

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Oakdale, MN).

Interview

Simple interview, they are short staffed and will hire anyone. No experience needed. The longest part is having to wait for orientation.it's a workers market, DVD are potentially losing good candidates.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous employment,and responsibilities. They also asked about outside interest. Thought it was funny no mention about movies. Also thought it was funny being interviewed by somebody they quit the next week.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Serious of interviews with different Corporate Executives about customer service and how to grow the business at a certain location. It was over a two week period. Very repetitive with same style of questions over and over again.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Middleton, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process went fairly quickly. I applied online, and was called the next day, for an interview the following day. I had one interview with an assistant manager, which went well, leading me to a 2nd interview with a senior manager the day after that. After the interview I had to fill out paperwork in the office after meeting the GM and other managers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres in March 2015.

Interview

All applications with Marcus Theatres are online now. Standard online application form, standard online on-boarding after hire. A few days after the application, I was called and invited for an interview, and about one week after the interview I was called again and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in management? What management-related duties have yo performed in your previous jobs?
      What is your approach to managing associates?
      What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
      What can you contribute to this company?
      Why do you want to work at this movie theater?
      Why are you thinking about leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I made at my previous jobs and what I was hoping to make at Marcus. I said I was hoping to make a little more than at my current job at the time and was told this wouldn't be a problem; however, when I received the job offer, it was for a significantly lower pay than what I was making at the time.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Elgin, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. There was a long grace period between the two interviews. First interview was over the phone, then the second one was in person. They called me to let me know I was hired, and I accepted the offer from there on out.

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenario based questions. Also asked questions about personal achievements, and why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview process. Met with food and beverage manager. Was asked about past kitchen experience as well as food safety experience. Was also asked about previous employment as well as most basic interview questions.

Usher/Projectionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres.

Interview

The Interviewer was very friendly. It was a easy interview as long as you have some experience or are willing to learn. I have worked at other theaters my entire work history.

I had another offer from another company

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus Theatres.

Interview

I was able to walk in and turn in an application and resume.
    I didn't hear back from the company, so I called in. I was asked to come in for an interview the following weekend.
    When I got there at the appointed time, I was told the manager had left for the day, so I ended up being interviewed by an assistant manager. It was incredibly easy. Since she didn't have my application or resume in front of her, I was asked very simple questions such as "Are you good at math?" and "What is your availability?". I was told I was hired when the interview was over. Honestly, after working here for so long, I think those might be the only questions they really ask, and as long as you can do basic math and work weekends and holidays, you're in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.