Mardel Christian Bookstore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.5

Cashier/Sales Associate/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I was welcomed by the Manager, and we went back to his office for the interview. We talked for quite a long time, he asked appropriate questions, and I answered completely and honestly. I had submitted a resume, and it included a lot of detail that is not usually asked for on a standard job application. I was very comfortable, and the Manager was very friendly. I thought it went extremely well, and I believed that I would be offered a position. I never heard anything further, even though I sent a follow up note. It would have been nice to have had some response, whether affirmative or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my spiritual beliefs and personal testimony.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore (Steamboat Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in person, but was asked to fill out the paper job aplication. I filled it out and left it with the peson in charge. I was called in an interview the next day.
    My interviewer was a plesent person who asked several basic questions to make me feel more comfortable. The experience made me feel that they were looking to help me as well as fill their need. I went awa y feeling like I would enjoy working there.
    That afternoon I was asked to return for a follow up interview. It was then that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying to work at Mardel?   1 Answer
    • What were some meaningful events in your life. Why?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was taken to the back office and introduced to several people. I sat with one of the managers for about thirty minutes as we discussed the position. She was very nice and asked how I would handle different situations in a retail environment. She approved of all my answers, and afterwards she introduced me to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Temporary Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore (Arlington, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews first was with the assistant manager she asked standard questions had to pass a math test before I could move on to the seconded interview Second interview was with store manager asked standard questions. Interviewing process is simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult situation? And how did you get out of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Department Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore.

Interview

You will fill out an application online or in store. You will have to pass a basic math test with questions that are typical of a retail store.

You will then be called in for a first interview, usually with the assistant manager. If you are qualified, you will then have a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will essentially tell you how much they will pay you, but there is some give and take.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mardel Christian Bookstore in February 2012.

Interview

I went in and the manager met me with a smile. I was led into her office and we spoke about general items concerning the work there. Basically covered all of the essentials. At the end of the interview she handed me a pretty extensive math test which covered sales, percentages, and other basic math questions which I felt had been slight disingenuious since the numbers, no matter how good I worked them, seemed to work out right. Just know that you need to remember you math classes and you will possibly get a job. There were five or six other interviews lined up for the day and she told me so. She told me that I would get a call back for a second interview if I passed the first.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve all of these math problems without a calculator and only scratch paper?   Answer Question